MONSTER COOKIES!! They’re BIG. They’re UGLY. They’re downright DELICIOUS!!!
If you’ve never had a monster cookie before then make them.Today. Yes I’m being food bossy. Not to mention they are so fun, quick and easy! Isaac was suppose to help me make these monster cookies and then bailed on me the minute he heard Caillou on tv.
I knew full well that I shouldn’t be making these cookies…alone… all chocked full of oats, chocolate, peanut butter, caramel…haaaave mercyyyy *in my Jessie from full house voice*. Sometimes I just can’t fight the little chubby girl who lives inside of me. She’s vicious and scares me. So I give in. Often.
I’m kinda glad I gave in to her today with these monster cookies. You can pretty much “do your monster” any way you’d like by adding in a ton of different things that you love. The uglier the better! M & M’s are a must though! I’ve seen monster cookie recipes that are loaded to the max with all kinda stuff like coconut, nuts, toffee bits, crushed candy bars, you name it!
I decided to keep this recipe fairly simple by just adding in some caramel bits, m&m’s and chocolate chips. I like this easy, simple combination. Isaac loved them. I figured it would just be him and I eating them because my hubby is not a fan of oatmeal cookies or peanut butter cookies. Surprisingly, he really likes these though.
This recipe makes about 18-20 BIG monster cookies. Don’t worry, they freeze really well. I hear they even taste great straight out of the freezer.
What do they taste like? Oh yay! I thought you’d never ask!! Ok sit back as I guide your virtual taste buds on an adventure.
Ok when you first sink your teeth into these monster cookies you’ll notice their chewy, bumpy texture, kind of like the texture of a chewy oatmeal raisin cookie. (I’ve had the crunchy kind of monster cookies and def. prefer the ones that are crisp around the edges and chewy in the middle like these.) You immediately notice the irresistible duo of peanut butter and chocolate and almost instantly there’s that crunch from the m & m’s. So many beautiful things are going in your mouth that it’s almost taste overload. It’s like eating an oatmeal cookie, chocolate chip cookie, peanut butter cookie and m &m cookies all at the same time. It will make you feel happy inside. And dammit, if it makes you happy…then it can’t be that bad.
- 1¼ cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick cooking, 1-minute oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's
- ½ cup caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and butter with a mixer.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla extract, and oats.
- Stir in chocolate chips, m&m's and caramel bits.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape 1½ -2 tablespoons of dough into a ball. (dough will be very sticky. Wet your hands with water to help if needed)
- Place onto a cookie sheet and gently press down to flatten slightly. (skip this step if you prefer a thicker cookie) Be careful not to overcrowd the pan these cookies get REALLY big)
- Press a few m& m's and chocolate chips into the dough to make it look prettier (optional)
- Bake for 12 minutes. (baking time will vary based on thickness)
- Remove from oven and let cookies rest in the pan until slightly cooled and settled. Cookies will continue to bake while cooling in the pan so be careful not to overbake in the oven.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy with a tall glass of milk. Yum!
You read the recipe right, monster cookies have NO flour.
Be sure not to overcook. They will continue to cook while cooling in the pan.
These cookies spread BIG. Be careful not to place too many in the pan.
Add in whatever add-ins you like!
Makes a great kids party favor.