“Hot, gooey chocolate chip cookie pie with a buttery pie crust. Topped with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge! Easy, classic and a bit over the top recipe”
Deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie? Uhhhh…yes please! Like…duh!
I love desserts that are simple yet a bit over the top. This deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie is amazing and restaurant quality! It brings to the table all the comforts of old fashioned chocolate chip cookies but simply top it with vanilla ice cream and chocolate drizzle and you have something that will wow’em!
I found this recipe scribbled on the inside of my grandmother’s Southern Living cookbook. I swear that woman has the BEST cookbook collection EVER! I can remember her making this deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie a few times growing up.
She usually made it for a Sunday dinner dessert and I always thought it was so decadent. It’s perfect for a date night dessert! The coconut, pecans, toffee, and milk chocolate goes so well together! However you can really add in whatever you’d like! Heck even just plain chocolate chips would be fab!!
I’ve told you guys before how crazy my husband is about anything chocolate chip cookie related right? Needless to say he was on cloud nine with this! Call me crazy, but I really love it when he gets this excited about something I make. He’s like a little kid anxiously waiting at the table with a big smile, a fork and knife. Adorbs!
Just like with regular homemade chocolate chips cookies, you can change up the texture with this recipe by simply increasing or decreasing the flour. 1/2 cup of flour creates a really gooey, dense chocolate chip cookie pie and 1 cup creates a more fluffier pie. I change it up depending on my mood but usually I stick with around 3/4 cups to get the best of both worlds.
You’ll want to watch it for the last 10 minutes of cooking to keep from over cooking it. When I pull mine out of the oven it still appears to be a bit underdone, but as it cools offs it gets to that perfect texture that I just love!
Watch me make this deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie from start to finish!
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
By Divas Can Cook
- 1 (9 inch) uncooked pie crust (I used my homemade buttery pie crust recipe)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup shortening (I used butter flavored)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup finely shredded coconut
- ¼ -1/2 cup toffee bits
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( I used milk chocolate chunks)
- Topping: vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup or fudge
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until frothy and uniform in color
- Mix in butter, shortening and sugars until well-combined.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour just until combined.
- Stir in shredded coconut, toffee bits, pecan pieces, and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared pie crust and smooth out to even. (Place a few chocolate chips on top if desired)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. (Pie will be slightly undercooked)
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Plate and top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup