“Is it ready yet?” is something I hear the minute my son discovers I’m making one of his favorite pasta dishes, this one!
This creamy pasta, sausage and tomato skillet meal is kid and picky-adult friendly. I mean can you really go wrong with pasta, sausage, cheese, and tomatoes? It’s super simple to make, filling, and flavorful. The simple whipping cream sauce gets a super boost of flavor from the fresh garlic, onions, smokey sausage and fresh tomatoes!
Let me tell you, on busy weekdays I live for quick and easy skillet meals like this. Pair it up with some homemade garlic bread, a salad and BAM! A home-cooked dinner is done in 30 minutes!
Sometimes I’ll add broccoli, spinach or sweet peas to give it a burst of color if I have some on hand.
Here’s the smoked turkey sausage that I use. I get it from Walmart, Target or Harris Teeter. Feel free to use other sausages like sweet italian sausage.
Watch me make this easy Creamy Pasta, Sausage & Tomato Skillet Meal from start to finish!
Creamy Pasta, Sausage & Tomato Skillet Meal
By Divas Can Cook
- 2½ cup mini bow-tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz smoked turkey dinner sausage, diced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 diced tomatoes (about 1½ cups)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅔ cup Italian cheese blend (can also use mozzarella)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, plus more for garnish
- salt & pepper, if desired
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Brown the sausage.
- Add garlic and onions.
- Cook until onions are tender and translucent. Add red pepper flakes if desired.
- Add in diced tomatoes.
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- When sauce has thickened up stir in the pasta.
- Sprinkle in the cheese.
- Add parsley and salt & pepper to taste. You may also add sweet peas, chopped broccoli or spinach to give it some color.
- Stir it up and serve!