Some desserts are just so sinfully delicious that you actually wanna
slap shoot the person who came up with the recipe. This is one of those times. These caramel apple crisp cheesecake bars are sinfully delicious and addictive. Be warned: they have no mercy on your butt, hips, thighs and waist!
Only make these thing if you are DEFINITELY going to share them. Or else you’ll be sneaking into the refrigerator at ungodly hours of the night and eating tiny little slices until before you know it, half the pan is gone! I speak from experience.
These caramel apple crisp cheesecake bars are great for potlucks and special occasions. I usually bake up a pan for our family Thanksgiving dessert table and they’re always quick to go. Throw on a side of vanilla ice cream if you’re crazy. They are pretty sweet especially with the caramel drizzle, but I think the tartness of the granny smith apples and the crust balances everything out perfectly.
Now there are a few steps to this recipe since there are several layers but it’s extremely easy and so worth the prep.
Watch me make these caramel apple crisp cheesecake bars from start to finish!!
Caramel Apple Crisp Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cheesecake Layer:
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- Caramel Topping
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly and well combined.
- Press crumb mixture evenly into a generously greased 9X13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place diced apples into a bowl and toss it with the sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs until creamy and combined.
- Fold in vanilla extract.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust and top with the apples.
- Make the streusel topping mixture by combining all streusel ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the cream cheese mixture is set. (insert a toothpick into the center to test for doneness)
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Drizzle on the caramel topping.
- (These are ready to eat right out of the oven, but I prefer to refrigerate them for 3 hours to give the cream cheese layer a chance to set. I think it tastes much better cold.)