Ladies and gentlemen I present to you my new FAVORITE chocolate chip cookie:
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bites.
My husband, yes my husband, (I know right) made these a few months ago and I fell in pure love! I can’t even tell you how many times he’s made these since that day. It’s kinda sad how fast we go through batches of these chocolate chip cheesecake cookies.
They taste amazing fresh and fluffy from the oven but I prefer them right out of the refrigerator for that dense, moist, cheesecake, cold cookie dough texture. The cream cheese makes these cookies stay so soft and moist. I still have 4 left in the refrigerator that were made a week ago and they still taste fresh.
It’s easy to eat a whole batch without even realizing it because they are so tiny and light so be careful. You’ve been warned.
These cookies also make GREAT gifts… I’m just saying….like….in case you ever wanted to send me a gift.
Watch us make these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugar, egg, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing after each addition until the flour in incorporated. I prefer to do this step by hand.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and drop dough by the spoonful onto a ungreased, nonstick cookie sheet, at least 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown around edges.
- Place on a cooling rack to let cool completely
- Store in the refrigerator. (they also taste great right out of the oven!)
Store them in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
They don't spread much so it's safe to put them close together.
Be careful not to over bake.
For a smoother looking cookie, roll them in your hands after you've scooped them out with the mini ice cream scoop.