Growing up, my grandmother use to make egg salad almost every Sunday after church. It was her way of whipping up something quick to keep all of the kids out of the kitchen while she prepared a huge Sunday dinner. No matter how much I try I can NEVER replicate the taste of her classic egg salad sandwiches but this version does just fine in my house.
This egg salad is creamy, chunky, easy, and seasoned just the way I like it. I use to prefer it between a buttery bakery croissant or fluffy Sunbeam white bread, but as I’ve gotten older I’m starting to prefer it with hearty whole grain wheat bread (yep I’m definitely getting old)
I love how simple and nostalgic this recipe is. It’s such a comforting classic.
Watch me make this classic egg salad from start to finish!
Classic Egg Salad Sandwich
By Divas Can Cook
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon Dukes Mayonaise
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ Tablespoon dill relish
- ½ Tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika (optional)
- 4 slices of bread
- lettuce, tomato, red onion (optional)
- Mash eggs in a large bowl
- Stir in mayonnaise
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (I didn't add any salt since I used dill relish)
- Spread onto a piece of bread and top with paprika and/or lettuce, tomato, and red onion if using.