“Easy, practical tips for organizing your refrigerator.”
Tour my fridge!
Hello. My name is Monique, and I love snooping through peoples fridge. I won’t just like, come into your home and start snooping though. I usually wait until we’re besties before this starts.
I don’t know what it is. I just like to see what people eat and how they organize their kitchens and stuff. Is that weird?
I hope not because I don’t see myself changing anytime soon. So just in case you also enjoy looking through other people’s kitchen stuff, I’m going to take you on a tour of my fridge.
Now a long time ago I watched a fridge video that blew me away. It was so tidy and….. perfect! Everything was color coordinated, shiny and clean. I immediately went to Amazon and purchased everything that was in the video and recreated the exact same fridge, only in a cheery lemon yellow theme.
It. Was. Gorgeous! I seriously couldn’t stop opening the doors and looking at it.
Well….that perfectly organized, bottles facing correctly, fridge lasted for about 24 hours! Let me tell ya when organizing your fridge make sure that it actually works…FOR YOU!!
Organizing should make your life flow a lot easier and not just look pretty, or it will drive you crazy and feel very unauthentic.
Here are a few helpful tips for organizing your fridge:
- Clean out the refrigerator. Roll up those sleeves sista and really get in there.
- Throw out what has expired. Condiments do expire. Check them. And do you rrrreeeallly need all of those condiments?
- Think about your lifestyle. What would make your life easier? Yes, your fridge can & should make your life easier. Actually everything in your house should bring only positivity to your world. Tired of hearing your kids say “Will you get me a snack please?” ( Create a grab-n-go snack basket full of snacks you’d approve of) Need quick and healthy lunches, so you aren’t tempted to get fast food? (create salad jars on Sunday for the entire week) Do you throw away a lot of produce? ( Make an “eat me first” hanging bag basket that stays in view every time you open the fridge)
- Shop around your house first! Before you go shelling out money for fancy refrigerator storage organizers, look around your house first for things that will get the job done. Baskets work great for storing eggs, and that lazy Susan in the pantry might be best for reaching those items in the back of the fridge.
- If it doesn’t work, fix it. Life changes just like the seasons and sometimes you’ll find out that something just doesn’t work anymore and needs to be replaced. Maybe your kids are now old enough to fix their own sandwiches, and a condiment basket would work much better than sticking them in the door (because kids never put things back where they get them from)
These are just a few of my tips for organizing your fridge. Be sure to check out my fridge tour above for more helpful tips!
Looking for a few of the refridgerator products and containers featured in this video?