Whenever we have big family cookouts you can always count on there being a small disposable aluminum pan of turkey burgers. My grandmother sees to that!
It caters to the dieters, (someone is ALWAYS on a diet in my family) healthy-eaters, picky kids and beef-haters. There are never any left over.
In my house we definitely prefer turkey burgers over the all-american beef burger (I never thought I’d say that) Not just for the health benefits but I just love how mild turkey is. It pairs up so well with with whatever toppings and spreads you wanna throw on there and it doesn’t leave that heavy feeling in my gut after I’ve pigged out like beef does (if that makes sense)
This turkey burger recipe is super and quick. And although this turkey burger recipe is very basic (no unique ingredients here) it’s still one of my favorites to make, especially when we have company or turkey burger virgins around. It produces a moist, juicy turkey burger that even devoted beef lovers tend to like.
Whenever I make these turkey burgers I always triple the recipe and vacuum-seal the patties. They make a wonderful, quick lunch or dinner.
THUMBPRINT FLIP TEST: Place the raw burger on the grill pan. Use your thumb and press an indention in the center of each burger. As the burgers cook the indention will dissappear or lessen. That means it’s time to flip the burgers.
POKE TEST: When the last side is done cooking give it a poke and it should feel firm to the touch. If it feel squishy or leave the indention of your finger then it’s not done. Do not cut into the burger to test for doneness because it will release all the juice
LET THE BURGER REST FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING SO THAT THE JUICES HAVE A CHANCE TO SETTLE.
Watch me make these easy, juicy turkey burgers from start to finish!
Easy Juicy Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup onions finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 heaping Tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt plus more if desired
- couple shakes red pepper flakes
- 3-4 dashes liquid smoke
- 5-6 dashes black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1-2 slices wheat toast
- 1/2 -1 Tablespoon olive oil for frying
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Use your hands to combine.
- Wet your hands to prevent mixture from sticking
- Shape mixture into 5 patties.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes or just until firm. Do not freeze completely.
- Brush olive oil onto a heated grill pan
- Add turkey burgers to grill pan.
- Cook first side for 7-8 minutes over medium high heat. (cooking times will vary based on thickness)
- Flip burgers.
- Cook last side for about 5-7 minutes.
- Place cooked burgers on a plate. Let them sit for about 5 minutes.