Visual learner? Watch this Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe from start to finish!
Now and then I go through an intense happy homemaker streak. I’m not sure what it is that arouses my domestic prowess, but it’s in full swing!
I’ve made a homemade breakfast every morning, ironed the kid’s clothes for the week, and dinners are on the table by 5:30.
Currently, I have homemade elderberry syrup simmering away on the stove and yall…I even pulled out my sewing machine to hem up some curtain.
I know, what the frick right? “Harpo who dis woman!?”
Don’t feel impressed yet though.
This stage usually lasts for about 3-5 days before I crash and burn, chile. I go back to yelling,
“We are having leftovers so stop asking me what’s for dinners!”
“Do yall not see the laundry basket overflowing? Stop stuffing clothes in there and take them to the washing machine!”
And my favorite-
“Pick these toys up off this floor! You don’t have a maid! If I have to tell yall again, these toys are going in the trash!”
Hahaha! So lets’ just all enjoy this streak while it’s hot which brings me to muffins! Oh my dear sweet new addiction, muffins.
I’ve been making all kind of homemade muffins for our morning coffee. My hubby is a happy man right now because to him coffee + dessert is the only way to start the day.
I’m seriously starting to prefer muffins with my coffee over doughnuts! They are so easy to prepare and made in just about any flavor under the sun.
Today I want to share with you these bomb diggity chocolate chip muffins I made yesterday.
We usually aren’t fans of adding chocolate chips to things other than chocolate chip cookies but my oh my! These were amazing!!
I followed my blueberry cream cheese muffin recipe, only swapped out the cream cheese for sour cream and blueberries for chocolate chips. Oh and nixed the lemon extract.
Heaven. A soft, moist, warm, chocolaty oasis! (sometimes my descriptions crack me up.)
The sour creams give it such a moist, dense yet fluffy texture. You could seriously get away with calling these muffins, “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Muffins.” No one would question it because that’s what they taste like to me.
I hope you enjoy these chocolate chip muffins as much as we do!
Moist & Fluffy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place cupcake liners into the cupcake tray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil and sugar
- Mix in egg and sour cream.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk. (Just until the flour is incorporated. Do not over stir or muffins won't be fluffy)
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips on top of batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. (check on them at the 16-minute mark)
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for a few minutes,( muffins will continue cooking as they cool).
- Remove muffins and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Serve warm or room temperature.