Cake Batter Cheesecake (no-bake)
Happy National Cheesecake Day!!! Today you get to eat as much cheesecake as you like!! How cool is that?! Well that’s the way I’m choosing to celebrate one of my favorite desserts. I’m just gonna stuff myself full of cheesecake and then start this 21 Day Fix that’s been sitting in my closet for weeks. Fair enough right?
I’m celebrating with a quick and easy cheesecake recipe called Cake Batter Cheesecake!! I went through this thing a few years ago where I was obsessed with cake batter anything. Hence the cake batter rice krispie treats, oh and the cake batter pancakes lol. Do you remember this craze? It’s like the internet was buzzing with recipes that used cake mix. I think it was the sprinkles that sucked me in. I’m over it now.
But since you guys have been asking for another no-bake cheesecake recipe (wink) and since it’s national cheesecake day….why the heck not right!!! I made this cake batter cheesecake for my cousins baby shower (made mini cheesecakes and used pink and sage sprinkles ) and everyone loved them!! It’s a winner and super easy.
I love that I don’t even have to fool with the oven with this recipe and I speed up the setting time by throwing it into the freezer for a few hours. I think you are really suppose to let it set in the fridge overnight but I always cheat with the freezer for these types of no-bake cheesecakes.
Choose your texture: Do you like your no-bake cheesecakes to be fluffy, soft and creamy or do you like it partially frozen? Choose your favorite consistency here. I like the slightly frozen texture, it’s like a cream cheesecake ice cream so I store it in the freezer and let it sit out for a bit before I cut into it. My husband prefers it on the softer side because he says the crust is too hard to cut into when it’s frozen so I keep some for him in the fridge. It’s good both ways.
Watch me make this Cake Batter Cheesecake from start to finish!!
Get the Recipe: Cake Batter Cheesecake (no-bake)
- 2 1/2 cups golden Oreos, finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons milk, if mixture is too dry to mix
- 8 oz Cool Whip, plus more if you're going to decorate with it
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed Golden Oreos, optional
- 3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles, plus more for decorating
- In a large bowl stir together 2 1/2 cups Oreos and butter until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly and firmly into the bottom of springform pan.
- Freeze crust for at least 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, cake mix, vanilla extract, and milk (if needed).
- Fold in Cool Whip & vanilla extract.
- Fold in crushed oreos and rainbow sprinkles.
- Give it a taste, add more sugar if desired.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours or refrigerate overnight, or until set.
- Decorate as desired.
- If completely frozen, allow to sit at room temperature to soften up a bit before cutting.