Banana Nut Pancakes
I love banana anything and pancakes are no exception. My mother use to make pancakes for us almost every Saturday growing up as a child. I try to do the same thing with my son. Yeah I’m HUGE on family traditions. My toddler’s palette however is a little more advanced than mine was as child, (I take full, proud responsibility for that!!) so I have to mix it up a bit for him. The plain ol pancakes with maple syrup just won’t cut it every weekend for him.
My husband likes a lot of fluff on his pancakes so this banana nut pancake recipe with homemade banana brown sugar syrup is what I usually make for him on special days like his birthday or whenever I want something.
This pancake recipe is very basic and really any pancake recipe will do as long as it’s not a super moist pancake recipe. I love the way all the flavors just tie together and although these banana nut pancakes looks very sweet with it’s powdered sugar, cool whip & syrup, the sweetness somehow balances out beautifully.
I hope that you enjoy these beautiful banana nut pancakes just as much as we do in this house!
Watch me make these banana pancakes and homemade banana brown sugar syrup from start to finish!
Banana Nut Pancakes
- Banana Pancakes
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 -1 cup crushed pecans, finely crushed
- Garnish: cool whip, powdered sugar, sliced banana, crushed pecans
- Banana Brown Sugar Syrup
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add beaten eggs into warm milk
- along with melted butter, vanilla extract and banana extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour eggs mixture into dry mixture. Stir to combine. Let batter sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Time to Make the Syrup
- In a small saucepan add white sugar, water, & light corn syrup. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- When mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat.
- Grease a griddle with butter over med-high heat until the butter sizzles
- Pour batter onto hot griddle. Sprinkle on pecans on the batter.
- Flip the pancakes when bubble begin to break through the batter. The other side will cook quicker than the first side
- Add garnishes and serve.