I love a good chicken recipe. You just can’t go wrong with ’em can you?
I’ve made this grilled honey teriyaki BBQ chicken 4 times in the last month. Once as baked wings for my niece’s graduation party, another time for dinner, another time to record me making it so that I could share with you guys and again because I forgot to take a final photo of the finished product! My family hasn’t minded the repeats at all.
This honey teriyaki bbq chicken taste great baked or grilled. The sauce is sooooo yummy! I couldn’t stop dipping into it. I’m anxious to try the sauce on some appetizer meatballs and kabobs. I bet that would be amazing!
Watch me make this grilled honey teriyaki bbq chicken from start to finish!
- 5 lb chicken, cut up
- SEASONING BLEND
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- HONEY TERIYAKI BBQ SAUCE
- 1 cup raw honey
- ½-3/4 cup original bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ⅛ cup soy sauce (sometimes I use more if I want it saltier)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white onions, diced
- Lightly coat chicken in olive oil.
- Season chicken generously with season blend.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight is best)
- Prepare the honey teriyaki sauce by adding all sauce ingredients in a small pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools. (it's taste better the next day, but still GREAT on the 1st day)
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Place chicken on generously greased grill.
- Brush chicken with sauce. As sauce cooks onto the chicken keep brushing on more sauce. (about 20-25 minutes per side)
- Flip the chicken once and brush sauce on the other side of chicken, repeating multiple times as the sauce cooks onto the chicken.
- When chicken is done remove from grill.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes.