These taco bites are packed with all the tastes of taco salad in a cute, tiny lil package. I barely had enough of these left over to photograph for this blog post because Isaac and I sat and just ate them one after the other. That’s how good they are.
The homemade mini tortilla bowls are buttery, flaky, crisp on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. Don’t even think about using the corn chip Scoop things. These tortilla bowls blows them out of the water baby!
I used ground turkey for the meat mixture and seasoned the dickens out of it. Top with fresh tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, taco sauce, black olive and sour cream, and you have a winning combination on your hands! These go super fast!
Watch me make these Easy Taco Bites from start to finish!
Mini Taco Bowl Bites
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: appetizer
- 48 (3 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 lb ground ground turkey
- HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
- 1Tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- TACO TOPPINGS
- Lettuce, shredded
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cherry tomatoes, diced
- Black olives
- Taco sauce
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut tortillas into 3-inch circles.*
- Mix butter and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Brush tortillas circles with butter mixture.
- Place tortillas into muffin tin, (buttered side down) making sure the bottoms are flattened.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp.
- Let cool in pan.
- Brown ground turkey.
- Mix together taco seasonings and add to ground meat.
- Add in ¼ cup of water if needed.
- When meat is done, drain and set aside.
- Arrange the taco cups by first adding in taco sauce, ground meat, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Top with sour cream and an olive.