Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream Cake
Sorry this picture isn’t the best.
To put it simple, ice cream cake is just flat out FUN to eat!!! I LOVE ice cream cake and I’ll admit…I go to lil kids birthday parties only with this hopes of overindulging in a few slices of ice cream cake. My favorite ice cream cake is by Dairy Queen! It’s pure ice cream, none of that cake stuff (I hate the taste of frozen cake!)
If you have never had a Dairy Queen ice cream cake then picture layers of creamy ice cream, with this crunchy cookie fudgy mixture in between and frosted with sweet, fluffy frosting to top it off!! Very heavenly and very freakin expensive! Or maybe I’m just really cheap.
Here is MY recreation of my husbands favorite Dairy Queen ice cream cake for a fraction of the cost! It combines vanilla & chocolate ice cream, a layer of caramel cookie crunch, a layer of fudge cookie crunch and is frosted with whipped butter cream cool whip frosting!!
It’s super easy to make and super cheap! Be prepared to make this ice cream cake a day before you want to serve it since it will need time to really freeze.
- 1 carton of vanilla ice cream
- 1 carton of chocolate ice cream
- 2 sleeves of Oreos
- Fudge ice cream topping
- Caramel ice cream topping
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 container of Whipped Buttercream Frosting
- Spray a springform pan with cooking spray.
- Spread in half of the vanilla ice cream; Freeze for 20 minutes or until solid.
- Scrape the cream from the Oreos and set aside.
- Crush up the Oreos.
- Divide the Oreos into 2 bowls.
- Mix one bowl of Oreos with fudge ice cream topping and the other bowl with caramel ice cream topping. Add enough topping so that the crushed Oreos are completely coated.
- Spread the fudge mixture on top of the frozen vanilla ice cream. Freeze until hard.
- Spread on the chocolate ice cream. Freeze until hard.
- Spread on the caramel mixture. Freeze until hard.
- Spread on the rest of the vanilla ice cream and freeze overnight or until solid.
- To make the frosting: In a large bowl combine Oreo cream filling, cool whip and whipped buttercream frosting.
- Mix until combined and fluffy.
- Remove the ice cream cake from the springform pan
- and frost. Freeze for at least 30 minutes and serve!