Something AMAZING happened at my home this week… a major milestone was reach…one that I thought would never come….MY BABY IS POTTY TRAINED!!! and he did it all by himself!!
I was gonna wait until he reached that two and half mark (in a few weeks) to start this process. I had all the stickers, charts, the works!! Well Mook-Mook literally woke up and said “pee pee in the potty” and he’s been using it faithfully ever since!! He even wakes up in the middle of the night to tell me has to go potty.
Ahhhhh I’m beaming! I’m so proud of my boy and the realization that he will not be 20 years old and still in diapers. I HAD to celebrate! I wanted to throw a party!!! One with streamers, balloons, and a potty theme…oh I had it all planned out but then I realized that it was a bit much, just a bit though.
Instead I decided to make him a special little treat. Something different. Something that I knew would bring a smile to his face. RAINBOW CUPCAKES!! This rainbow cupcake recipe produces a bright, fluffy, & light vanilla flavored cupcake that is lightly sweetened. I frosted it with cool whip and it made for a quick, easy and special little after nap snack!
These cupcakes would go great for a carnival themed party. I can’t help but think of clown hair when I eat these. You could also use a white boxed cake for this. To make tie-dye cupcakes, lightly swirl the batter with a knife.
Rainbow Cupcakes for My Little Mook-Mook
By Divas Can Cook
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- food coloring- blue, green, orange, red, yellow
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, & salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, sugar, oil & vanilla, until combined.
- Add the dry ingredient to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Divide the batter up into 5 bowls.
- Add a few drops of food coloring into each bowl until the colors are vibrant.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Layer the colors in the muffin tin starting with blue then, green, yellow orange & red. Do not try to smooth the batter. Use a swirling motion to layer the colors.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.