Don’t you just love 3 ingredient recipes? Especially when they taste so doggone good. I had no idea brownies, white chocolate, and peppermints could be so darn tasty but obviously Starbucks did with their yummy looking peppermint brownie cake pops! Peppermints aren’t my first candy of choice, they remind me of church ladies, along with butterscotch! But it totally works in this recipe and I wouldn’t change a thing! The peppermint adds that nice cool crunch and the white chocolate taste so creamy with the fudge brownie.
These peppermint brownie truffles are probably the easiest truffles I’ve ever made, yep even easier than the Oreo truffles. They make great little gifts or party treats.
I made these with white chocolate coating and regular chocolate coating and let me tell ya, to my surprise, the white chocolate was waaay better than the regular chocolate. Next time I won’t even fool with the brown chocolate but you might like it so give it a try!
I used a box of Duncan Hines Brownie mix and baked them according to the package for a fudgier (is that word) brownie (2 eggs) instead of the cake brownies (3 eggs). Be careful not to over bake because you want these brownies to be fudgy. That way they will hold together when you roll them into a ball.
Watch me make these peppermint brownie truffles from start to finish!
- 1 box of brownie mix, prepared ( I used Duncan Hines Chewy, Fudgy Brownie Mix)
- 6 oz white chocolate (I used Bakers Premium White Chocolate baking squares)
- 12 candy canes (I had a lot left over)
- Bake brownies according to package for fudge-like brownies and let cool.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop to scoop out the brownies from the pan. I leave the edges since they are hard and chewy. Eat them instead :)
- Shape into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the balls in the freezer to firm up. (about 15-30 minutes)
- Crush up the candy canes in a food processor, set aside.
- Place the white chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring, until completely melted.
- Remove brownie balls from freezer.
- Dip the brownies into the chocolate until completely coated. You may need to swirl it around. I stuck a toothpick into the balls to make this easier.
- Place the truffles onto the wax paper, remove toothpick, and immediately sprinkle the tops with crushed peppermint.
- Repeat with remaining brownie balls.
- Let chocolate harden and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge for best texture.