- Swirl the glasses with chocolate syrup if desired
- Garnish with chocolate shaving, crushed peppermint, whip topping, etc.
- Use a mixture of white and semi-sweet chocolate if desired.
Frozen Nutella Hot Chocolate….my peace offering for neglecting my blog readers for over two weeks : ( Forgive me?
Please excuse my lack of posts lately. This is the busiest time of year on Divas Can Cook and I should be cook’in it up. The truth? I simply have not felt like being in my kitchen lately. I walk into the kitchen, look around and call for carry-out. Ever have days or weeks like that? I think some of it is because I am soooo over my tiny, cluttered kitchen. I’ve acquired a TON of cool new kitchen gadgets and there is simply not enough space to put them. Every things falls out of the cabinets when you open them. So not fun! I’ve got a blender, bread machine, coffee maker and foreman grilled stashed away in the bedroom closet and a few other things stashed at my in-laws house.
We’ll be moving in a couple of months (fingers crossed) and my new kitchen has already spoiled me with all the storage possibilities and space. I’m so ready to move! Ok that’s enough venting. I feel better and I’ve organized my kitchen a little so that helps too.
Thankfully, I’m finally starting to get out of my non-cooking rut (my family rejoices) because today I whipped up some of these easy and heavenly frozen nutella hot chocolates after lunch. In my eyes, Nutella can do no wrong and hot chocolate is such a comforting treat even in frozen form. I knew it would be a match made in heaven. It was just what I needed to spark my cooking because for lunch I made some incredible hot turkey and cheese sandwiches (recipe coming).
I made frozen Nutella hot chocolate for the three of us and there was pure silence in the kitchen as we sat drinking them. If you’ve never had a frozen hot chocolate before then you must make these! It tastes exactly like a hot chocolate but frosty and laced with heavenly nutella. I think Isaac described it best when he said “mmm it tastes like a cold candy bar, with tiny ice in my mouth and I think of ice cream a little bit when I drink it!” Kids have the best descriptions ever!
I used Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips, Silk’s pure coconut milk and Stone Cold Creamery hot chocolate mix but any of your favorite brands will work just fine!
Watch me make this frozen Nutella hot chocolate from start to finish!
- 4 oz milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup Nutella spread
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet hot chocolate mix
- 1½ cup coconut milk, divided (can use other kinds of milk)
- 3-4 cups ice (may need more or less)
- sugar (optional)
- In a double boiler add milk chocolate chips and stir occassionally until melted.
- Stir in Nutella until combined.
- Stir in hot chocolate mix
- Stir in ½ cup coconut milk until incorporated.
- Remove from heat and let chocolate cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, add the remaining 1 cup coconut milk, chocolate mixture, and ice.
- Blend until ice is completely crushed.
- Pour into glasses.
- Garnish with cool whip and mini chocolate chips.
- Add a straw and serve immediately.