Vegan Mac and Cheese
Easy, creamy vegan mac n cheese that tastes like the real thing
Servings 6 people
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance butter
- 2 tablespoons Violife cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons Just Egg (plant-based egg substitute)
- 1¼ cups Unsweetened Ripple milk (may need more)
- 1¼ cups Miyoko's shredded Farmhouse Cheddar (see note)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Cook pasta until al dente. (it should be a little firm)
Drain and return to low heat.
Stir in butter and cream cheese until completely melted.
Stir in egg and milk.
Stir in cheese until melted. (Increase if needed just to melt all of the cheese)
Season with sea salt or seasoned salt & black pepper to bring out the flavors. (see note)
Serve immediately. (If cheese sauce gets to thick add a little milk to thin it out)
Vegan Cheeses: Feel free to use a variety of vegan cheeses. The brand listed is the one that won my taste test for the best vegan cheddar cheese.
Seasoning: Season this vegan mac and cheese with the same seasoning you'd use for regular mac and cheese. I prefer just a little seasoned salt, sea salt and cracked black pepper. You can also add mustard powder, garlic & onion powder or paprika if that's your thang.