Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
HOT, GOOEY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIE WITH A BUTTERY PIE CRUST. TOPPED WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM AND HOT FUDGE! EASY, CLASSIC AND A BIT OVER THE TOP RECIPE
Servings 8 people
- 1 9 inch uncooked pie crust (I used my homemade buttery pie crust recipe)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup shortening I used butter flavored
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/4 -1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup chocolate chips I used milk chocolate chunks
- Topping: vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup or fudge
Preheat oven to 325 F.
In a large bowl beat eggs until frothy and uniform in color
Mix in butter, shortening and sugars until well-combined.
Mix in vanilla extract.
Mix in flour just until combined.
Stir in shredded coconut, toffee bits, pecan pieces, and chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into prepared pie crust and smooth out to even. (Place a few chocolate chips on top if desired)
Bake for 50-60 minutes. (Pie will be slightly undercooked)
Remove from oven and let cool.
Plate and top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup