Key Lime Pie
CREAMY, SWEET, TART KEY LIME PIE! FAMILY FAVORITE RECIPE THAT’S EASY AND SIMPLE TO PREPARE WITH A HOMEMADE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST!
Servings 6 people
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter melted (may need more)
- 2 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup key lime juice about 25-30 key limes
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- Whipped cream and key lime zest garnish
Preheat oven to 350. F.
To make the crust, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until mixture is moistened. (Add more butter if needed)
Pour mixture into a greased, deep dish pie plate and firmly press into place, being sure to keep the thickness as even as possible.
To make the filling, in a large bowl mix together sweetened condensed milk and sour cream.
Mix in key lime juice.
Fold in key lime zest.
Pour filling into prepared pie crust.
Bake for 8-10 minutes (do not brown)
Once cooled, refrigerate overnight. (Overnight makes for the BEST flavor)
Garnish with whipped cream and zest if desired.