Ok all you low carb eaters, this one is for you! Vegetable Garden Spaghetti!!
I’ve been eating a lot of salad lately, trying to get in those healthy veggies and lose my muffin top but was in the mood from some hot and comforting. Spaghetti squash to the rescue!!
I call this Vegetable Garden Spaghetti because this dish is 100% vegetables and all of the ingredients can come right from the garden.
The spaghetti sauce is loaded with fresh veggies like peppers, spinach, onions, carrots, zucchini…really you can add whatever veggies you like. For the pasta, I’m using none other but spaghetti squash. If you have never had spaghetti squash then you are gonna love it, this is coming from someone who is not a real big fan off squash.
Spaghetti squash can be eaten plain, drizzled with olive oil and spices, tossed with sauces or even sweetened for a dessert.
It’s a a good feeling when you can get full off of a hot meal and know that it was completely healthy.
|Spaghetti Squash Topped with Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce|
|Spaghetti Squash Looks Like Spaghetti, Hence The Name!|
Watch me make this Vegetable Garden Spaghetti Squash recipe from start to finish!
Vegetable Garden Spaghetti Made With Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup of water
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce I use Prego Chunky Garden 1 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 carrot or several sweet baby carrot shredded 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 c. frozen peas
- 1/2 Tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon oregano
- ) Preheat oven to 350
- ) Cut the squash in half and scrape out the seeds.
- ) Place in a casserole dish, cut side down and pour in water.
- ) Steam in the oven for about an hour.
- ) Add spaghetti sauce into a saucepan.
- ) Add in the vegetables.
- ) Cook over medium high heat.
- ) Bring to a boil then simmer to about an hour until vegetables are tender.
- ) Stir in parsley and oregano.
- )Adjust seasonings. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- )Remove from heat.
- )Remove squash from the oven and let it cool off.
- )Scrape squash into a bowl or casserole dish using a fork.
- )To serve, place the squash on a plate and top with spaghetti sauce. 15.) Sprinkle on parmesan cheese if desired.