Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad
“Tried and true, creamy vegan pasta salad made with simple, fresh ingredients and a tangy dressing! A family favorite and so easy to make”
Visual learner? Watch me make this creamy vegan pasta salad from start to finish!
Remember when I told you that we are fixing up my grandma Barb’s house? Well, this past Friday we had a huge family cleaning day! EVERYBODY was there putting in the elbow grease and gettin’ er done! We ended up filling two 1800-GotJunk trucks!
It’s amazing how many things can accumulate over several decades. One day I will tell you guys the story behind this family home and how it changed generations. This house got us out of the projects and it’s such a blessing to be able to restore it for my grandmother.
It was so hard not to just sit and go down memory lane with all of the photos, letters, cards, and mementos we found. I even found a huge bag of art I made in elementary school and a folder full of recipes I started collecting in high school. Ha! Yep, I’ve always been a recipe addict.
The next day we had a big family cookout and the food, like always, was epic!
Since we always have several vegans in the family there are usually a few dishes for them as well. My aunt Lisa made a creamy vegan pasta salad and everyone kept saying how good it was! I actually put some in the fridge to take home and of course, somebody jacked me for it!
Food ain’t safe unless it has your name on it in my family. Thankfully, she was so kind to give me the recipe and even gave me permission to post it on my site for you guys. My family is so generous with their recipes. Gosh, I freakin love them!
Since it’s cookout season, I thought a creamy vegan pasta salad would be the perfect addition to the cookout menu. Chances are, you also have a few vegans in your circle.
Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad
I made this pasta salad twice so far and seriously couldn’t stop eating it! I adapted it from my aunt Lisa’s recipe. It’s so fresh and delicious! Even my boys love this vegan pasta salad. Normally I wouldn’t even think twice about eating a creamy mayo-based pasta salad if it isn’t made with my beloved Duke’s mayo, but this vegan pasta salad has that nice tang just like my Dukes.
I believe it’s due to that delicious mustard and jalapeno in the mix. My aunt Lisa uses Woebers brand jalapeno mustard but I couldn’t find that stuff anywhere. I did end up coming across it in Walmart after I had already recorded the recipe. Oh well.
THE CREAMY VEGAN DRESSING
The mix of Veganaise, mustard, jalapenos, garlic, and spices creates one zesty and creamy dressing! If you taste the dressing before adding it to the pasta you might think it’s way too bold, but rest assured once it’s mixed with the pasta and all those veggies, it’s perfectly mild, making it kid and adult-friendly. I could actually go for upping the mustard and jalapenos for more tang and heat!
For the veggies, you could probably use a mix of your favorites but I adore the mix of celery, yellow, red, and green bell peppers, red onions, black olives, and tomatoes. My aunt doesn’t add tomatoes in hers but I love how cool and juicy the tomatoes are in this recipe.
Here is my aunt Lisa’s original recipe. You can find my adapted version in the recipe box and video.
Next time I’m adding a few cucumbers and vegan bacon bits! Yum!
This creamy vegan pasta salad is so easy to make and sure to be the perfect side dish to a juicy vegan burger and vegan baked beans! I’ll see if aunt Lisa will share those recipes as well!
Get the Recipe: Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups Vegenaise , vegan mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons diced jalapeños, canned or jar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, I used the jar of minced garlic + some of the juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt, sea salt or smoked salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, finely diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell peppers, finely diced
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4- 1/2 cup veggie bacon bits, optional
- Cook pasta according to package in lightly salted water (Make sure water tastes kinda salty. This will help season the pasta) until slightly under al dente (I boiled for 6 minutes)
- Drain and place in the fridge until cold (I do not rinse)
- To make the dressing, in a large bowl add veganaise, mustard, jalapeños, garlic, black pepper, salt, sugar, and Italian seasoning until combined. ( You can blend if you want for a stronger jalapeño taste. Refrigerate dressing overnight for best results)
- When pasta is cool, toss pasta with remaining vegetables, dressing, and veggie bacon bits if using.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve cold and stir before serving.
If you are worried about the pasta absorbing too much of the sauce, you can refrigerate the sauce and the pasta mixed with the veggies separately and then mix it all together when you are ready to serve it.
THIS IS SOOOO GOOD!!! I made this for my sisters friendsgiving and making it again for Thanksgiving with my mom. This is so delicious and I’ve been trying out different noodle shapes too! Thank you so much for the recipe <3
Loved this recipe!!! Thanks again ♥️!!
Omgosh….best vegan pasta salad ever! This is my go to for quick easy pasta salad that is bursting with flavor! Thank you Mrs Monique!!
Just Mayo is a great vegan Mayo! Tastes really good in any recipe!
Just Mayo is a vegan mayonnaise and after trying several, it has the best flavor! Works great, on all fronts!