Growing up sweet potatoes were one of my favorite foods. I still love them just as much today.
This twice baked sweet potato recipe is so simple and extremely versatile. Keep it simple by just adding butter, or go all out and turn them into serving sized sweet potato casseroles. Click here for my favorite sweet potato casserole recipe.
The sweetness of twice baked sweet potatoes pair up so well with so many dishes, making it a perfect side dish to balance out a flavorful meal.
The key to getting it taste just the way you want is to add spices a little at a time and taste, taste, taste!!
|Creamy Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes Fresh From The Oven!|
|Sweet Potato Filling Ready To Be Placed Back Into The Sweet Potato Shells|
Watch me make this Twice Baked Sweet Potato Recipe from start to finish!!
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: side dish
- 1 sweet potato
- 1-2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 2-4 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A few pinches cinnamon Pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- ) To start off, poke a few holes into the sweet potatoes.
- ) Lather the outside with shortening
- ) Place it on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or tender.
- ) Slice the potato lengthwise.
- ) Carefully scrape the filling out into a bowl, leaving about ¼ inch thickness all around
- the potatoes so that the walls do not cave in.
- ) Add cream cheese, vanilla, and brown sugar into the bowl.
- ) Mix until creamy.
- ) Add in a few pinches of cinnamon and adjust the seasonings if desired.
- ) Spoon the mixture back into the shells. Make sure it looks nice and smooth.
- ) Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on top and sprinkle on pecans.
- )Place back into the oven until warm.
- )Top some butter.
- )Serve while warm.