Can you believe that last week was my first time having toasted ravioli? I know right! Well I love them and they made it into my mental cookbook of “it’s a keeper” appetizers. We will definitely be making these again.
There’s something fun about crunching into ravioli and having your teeth sink down into creamy cheesiness.
I’m really anxious to try them with meat or spinach-filled ravioli. I might even get real bad ass and make my own ravioli. Probably not, but it felt good to type it.
I’m all for the shortcut of using these thawed cheese-filled ravioli. I used regular (panko) breadcrumbs with the first batch and then seasoned the bread crumbs with italian seasoning for the second batch. The second batch wins hands down!! I love flavor! Although the plain ones were great when dipped in the easy marinara sauce. My mini-me liked the “plain pillows” best.
I prefer toasted ravioli fried but you can also bake them.
TO BAKE THESE TOASTED RAVIOLI:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot.
Watch me make this toasted ravioli from start to finish!
Toasted Ravioli Recipe
By Divas Can Cook - Monique
- 24 frozen cheese ravioli (thawed)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 8 oz Seasoned Italian-Style breadcrumbs
- Smoked gouda or any cheese to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Parsley, garnish (optional)
- Mix egg and evaporated milk until combined
- Dip ravioli into egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
- Coat the ravioli with breadcrumbs. Press the crumbs into the raviol gently to help them stick better.
- Lay the ravioli on a baking sheet.
- Heat canola oil to 375.
- Fry ravioli in batches 3-5 minutes per side.
- Place on paper towel to drain.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.