Thin & Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
“Thin & Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies Made from scratch! Easy recipe with old-fashioned flavor”.
Ok like…I don’t even want to admit how many Hannah Max Cookie chips I’ve consumed over the past few weeks! Have you ever had them? I got them from Target and they are exactly as the name says. Cookies in chip form.
Thin, crisp, from-scratch tasting chocolate chip cookie, they’re so good! Well after finishing off 1… 2.. ok dang 3 bags… wait don’t judge me they are always broken up in the bag so technically it’s probably only like 10 cookie chips in there right? And I had my kids and hubby helping me eat them so there. Ok, I feel better.
Anyway, after a short break from them, I started craving some real, homemade thin and crisp chocolate chip cookies! I didn’t want to get more Hannah Max because when I posted them on my Instagram somebody told me that they would start giving me the runs! What the heck!? Aint nobody got time for that!
Now I’m normally a “thick and chewy, so full of chocolate it practically chokes you” kinda chocolate chip cookie girl but hey I’m game for it all baby!
These thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies aren’t as wafer thin as the Hannah Max cookie chips but gosh they are heavenly and will give you your crispy, crunchy, from-scratch chocolate chip cookie fix like a BOSS!!!
Regular-sized chocolate chips or mini?
I used regular size semi-sweet chocolate chips but most thin and crisp chocolate chips cookie recipes suggest using mini so that it won’t be too chocolatey (insert hysterical laughter here). The words “too chocolatey” doesn’t exist in my world although I suppose if you want to make these chocolate chip cookies wafer thin then mini chocolate chips would be best.
Get the Recipe: Thin & Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together shortening, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Mix in egg until combined.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt until well combine and a dough starts to form.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop (about 1 tablespoons worth) scoop out dough and place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Completely flatten each ball of dough. (see notes)
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit in the pan for about 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Cookies will crisp up even more as they cool.
- Store in airtight container.
The. Best. Recipe!!
The first batch I followed the directions and they were yummy but the bottoms were too brown. The 2nd batch, I used Dark Brown Sugar (was out of the Light) and turned the oven temp to 350° and baked them for 7 minutes then rotated the pan and continued baking another 5-6minutes and they were the best I’ve ever made. Perfection. Thank you so much!! You are awesome.
Thanks for this recipe!! This recipe is a keeper! Will make again and again. Everybody who has tried them has liked them. ‘Some people’ (not naming any names, big brother!) even try to hoard them. Ok, and I do too. Bestie always asks me to take some. Our local grocery store bakery used to make them and doesn’t make them any more, since they stopped making them I had to find a recipe to copycat them. I tried several recipes I found online before this, which did not yield the results I was hoping for. But this..THIS..recipe..tho…Exactly what I was looking for! Hallelujah. The Cookie Gods have shined down upon me!
I’ve made these awesome cookies about 5 times now and each time they turn out perfect! Foolproof recipe if u follow the directions and ingredients. Perfect as written. I have never changed anything when making these, because you don’t mess with perfection!
Also, I never leave comments. That should tell ya somethin!