Easy Taco Pasta Salad
I had my baby last week and I’d expect for the food cravings to disappear but nope, I’ve been craving pasta salad since I left the hospital! During the summer time I could seriously eat pasta salad every. Single. Day. I’m always on the lookout for yummy pasta salad recipes. This taco pasta salad is one of my favs. It has a light, refreshing taste and packed full of fresh veggies. It’s meatless but you can certainly add in bacon, ground beef or chicken to make this a complete meal.
The taco flavors of this pasta salad comes from the salsa and the taco seasonings so be sure to use a really good brand of both. I used a smokey salsa from the deli that was full of flavor and spices and a homemade taco seasoning mix. Because of this I didn’t have to add in any additional seasonings like cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, etc. If your salsa is on the blah side you may need to spruce up the noodles by adding in some spices like cummin, chili powder, oregano, fresh garlic, etc. The noodles should taste flavorful enough by themselves (which is how my son likes to eat it).
This taco pasta salad tastes great the same day you make it and even better the next day when all the flavors have had a chance to mingle. I always add in the avocado and cheese right when I’m getting ready to serve it so that everything is nice and fresh! The romaine lettuce holds up pretty well but you can add that when you are ready to serve as well if you prefer. I love serving this alongside grilled meats. The colors and flavors really compliment it well.
Watch me make this taco pasta salad from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Taco Pasta Salad
- 3 cups rotini pasta, dry
- 3/4 cup salsa, can add more
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning, can add more
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2/3 cup sweet corn kernels
- 2/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup romain lettuce, chopped
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package until al dente.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Toss cooled pasta with salsa and taco seasonings.
- Add in bell pepper, black olives, onion, cherry tomatoes, corn, & black beans.
- When ready to serve add romaine lettuce, avocados, and shredded cheese.
Want meat? Try bacon, ground beef or chicken.
Jazz it up more with jalapeno, red bell pepper, cilantro, or any of your fav. taco toppings!
Use a really bold, flavorful salsa. I use roasted, smokey salsa. So good
Used grilled corn for a smokey flavor!
You may need to add more salsa if serving the next day since
the noodles will soak up some of the salsa.