Taco Chicken Tomato Appetizer Sticks
I got this recipe from Woman’s Day magazine. I was invited to a last minute surprise housewarming party and was told I was in charge of bringing an appetizer. Wait, huh? How are you gonna invite somebody to a party the day of and volunteer them to bring something?! Sheesh! Yep, sounds like my fam and I love them!
Anyway, I saw these and thought they looked tasty and easy. I made these up fairly quick and was out the door. Everybody kept raving about how good they were.
They were gone within a matter of minutes! They really are pretty fun to eat. Just pop between your teeth, give it a pull and instantly your mouth is full of the perfect bite; creamy cheese, juicy tomato, and spicy chicken! Who would have thought something so simple would pack so much flavor.
- 1 chicken breast
- Taco Seasoning
- Salt (optional)
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag cheese cubes
- Dice up a chicken breast into small cubes.
- Season generously with taco seasoning.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of butter until melted.
- Add chicken and cook until done over med-high heat.
- Drain chicken and set aside to cool.
- Slide a toothpick in the middle of the cheese, tomato, and chicken! Be sure to go slowly with the cheese to prevent it from splitting in two.