Shut the front door!!! Can you believe it’s almost time to start planning those Thanksgiving menus?! Are you ready?
It sneaks up on me every year even though I anticipate this holiday all year long!
Oh how I live for Thanksgiving you guys! That juicy turkey, southern cornbread dressing, creamy gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, savory collard greens, cheesy baked macaroni & cheese, sweet potato pie….lord have mercy! Oh and spending time with my extended family is usually pretty awesome too!
However, this year we’re doing something a bit different in my house.
Since we’ll be going to Disney World a few days after Thanksgiving we’re foregoing our traditional huge Thanksgiving feast and keeping it simple!
For the first time in like… ever, we’ll be having a small, candlelite dinner with just our family of four.
Instead of roasting a big turkey I’ll be making these sweet, spicy & smokey Coca-Cola glazed turkey chops. These turkey chops are incrediblely tender, juicy and drenched in bold flavor!
If you’ve never cooked with Coca-Cola before then you are in for a treat! The Coca-Cola brings all of the ingredients together so beautifully. It blends so well with the smoked paprika and salty soy sauce to create the most flavorful, finger-licking glaze.
Not to mention, there is something oddly entertaining when that fizzy soda hits that hot, seasoned pan. Hey, I’m easy to please I guess.
As far as side dishes, we’re letting the boys prepare two of their favorite side dishes to go with these Coca-Cola turkey chops. If I know my boys like I think I do, it’ll probably be cinnamon baked carrots, sautéed cabbage, rice and cornbread.
To keep a bit of our normal family Thanksgiving tradition, we’ll be making a nature-inspired table setting and finishing up the evening by watching a classic. Yep you guessed it, “The Christmas Story”. I probably know every single line of that movie!
I have to admit, although I’m all for big family gatherings with tons of food, I’m really looking forward to the simplicity of a more intimate Thanksgiving and spending it with the people that I am the most thankful for.
If you like this recipe, then be sure to check out Coca-Cola’s Pinterest page! They’ve gathered a unique collection of some of the best Thanksgiving recipes, ideas and inspiration to help you pull off a fabulous Thanksgiving!
Sweet & Spicy Coca-Cola Glazed Turkey Chops
By Divas Can Cook
- 1 lb. turkey chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- SPICE RUB
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup Coca-Cola soda
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoke paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine spice rub ingredients and sprinkle mixture evenly over the top and bottom of turkey chops.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, add the turkey chops and sear for about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden.
- Remove chops from pan and place on a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- In the same skillet, do not drain, add the Coca-Cola.
- Stir in the remaining glaze ingredients.
- Bring to a light boil and then reduce the heat to simmer until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add turkey chops and cook until chops are cooked through about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Thanks Coco-Cola for helping me make this Thanksgiving quick, easy, unique and delicious!
What are some ways that you keep Thanksgiving simple and easy?