I absolutely adore this carrot cake recipe. It’s super easy and never lets me down. It’s a basic carrot cake that doesn’t have a lot of “stuff” packed inside of it so it is definitely a crowd-pleaser. It is soooo soft and moist (finely grated baby carrots is the trick)
Everytime I make this cake I find myself sneaking into the kitchen and cutting little thin slices and before I know it the whole cake is gone! The cream cheese icing is creamy with just the right amount of sweetness to compliment this carrot cake.
I got this recipe from my sister Nikki. She doesn’t bless us with her cooking much, but when she does it is always a hit.
Feel free to add in raisins, pineapples and coconut if you like that in your carrot cake.
Watch me make this super moist homemade carrot cake from start to finish!
Super Moist Carrot Cake
By Divas Can Cook
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ to 3 cups cups finely grated baby carrots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom and sides of one 13x9-inch pan or two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans with shortening; lightly flour.
- In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or until blended.
- In a seperate bowl, add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and the salt; Whisk to combine.
- Add dry mixture into wet mixture a little at a time. Mix to combine.
- Add vanilla and stir in the carrots.
- Pour into pan(s).
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool rounds 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Frost cakes. Serve and enjoy!