Squash Zucchini Tomato Bake
Sautéed squash and zucchini is one of my favorite side dishes for the summer. It’s quick, easy, light, flavorful and goes so great with grilled meats. Not to mention there is something elegant about sauteed squash and zucchini.
I’ve become totally spoiled by the farmers market when it comes to purchasing produce but they had squash and zucchini on sale at Harris Teeter this week. I can’t resist a sale so I got about 10 of each. Cheesy squash casserole and sweet, moist zucchini bread is in my future.
The onions and garlic in this dish really add a nice layer of flavor. That Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese adds the bang factor and the fresh tomatoes cools is all down for one delicious dish!
What are you waiting on, go grill up some fish or chicken and prepare this flavorful sautéed squash and zucchini on side!
Flavorful Squash & Zucchini
|Summer squash and zucchini
Watch me make this flavorful sauteed squash and zucchini from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Squash Zucchini Tomato Bake
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1 zucchini
- 1 squash
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or season to preference
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or season to preference
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or season to preference
- Thinly slice the squash and zucchini. Set aside.
- Add water to a saucepan.
- Add garlic and onions.
- Simmer over medium heat until onions are slightly tender.
- Add squash and zucchini. Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until tender but firm. Do not overcook. Keep an eye on it. They soften up quickly.
- When done remove from heat. The texture should be tender yet firm to the bite.
- Sprinkle on parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning
- Plate and top with diced tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.