Soft n Chewy M&M Cookies
“Soft and chewy M&M cookies from scratch! An easy, fail-proof recipe with a secret ingredient!”
When I was younger I seriously thought my mom was Super Woman or at least had some kind of magical powers to be in two places at once.
It just baffled me how she could be at work yet still have warm homemade cookies waiting for us when we got home from school.
It wasn’t until I got older that I realized all of the sacrifices that she made just to make us feel special. Like using her lunch break to make us homemade treats. Staying up late to “design” four lunches with little cute cut-out sandwiches and decorated notes.
The hidden “Don’t worry. Just pray about it. I’ve got a surprise for you when you get home!” cards I’d find in my book bag when I was having a bad day. (But seriously though, how’d she know???)
These soft n chewy m & m cookies were one of my FAVORITE after-school treats that she’d make. Something about m&m’s just makes me happy! Like seriously, I can NEVER resist a bowl of colorful m&m’s so adding them into cookies just seals their fate. They will seriously get demolished in 2 seconds flat.
I’ve continued this after-school surprise tradition with my own kiddies. Only it’s “after homeschool” and they usually help me make them.
This is pretty much the only m&m cookie recipe that I make. They bake up so soft and chewy with one of my favorite cookie secret ingredients CREAM CHEESE!!!
Yes! Cream cheese gives cookies such an amazing taste and texture! Side note question: Am I the only person who prefers my cookies a tad on the undercooked side?
Anywho, be sure to let the m&m cookie dough chill for a few hours though. If you bake them as soon as you make the dough they will bake up like soft, fluffy mounds. Still very good though just not all wrinkly and chewy.
Watch me make these soft & chewy M&M cookies from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Soft n Chewy M&M Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened at room tempt.
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks, depending on how chocolatey you like it
- 1/2 cup mini baking m & m's, can use more if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until flour is fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and M&M's. (reserve some M & M for pressing onto cookie dough balls if desired)
- Using a mini cookie scoop, scoop out dough balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Press a few m&m's gently into the dough ball. (This will give your cookies a nice appearance once baked)
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. (Check on the cookies at the 6 minutes mark)
- Remove cookies from oven and let cookies sit on the pan for about 2-3 minutes. Cookies will be slightly undone when you remove them from the oven.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Store in airtight container.