I make no apologies for this Snickers brownie recipe. Yes, I’m currently trying to lose 10 lbs and yes I realize these will not help. I also realize that I probably should be cutting back on sugary, delicious stuff if I want to lose weight and that I definitely should not have finished off the 95% of the pan.
Yes I realize all of this and I’m good. It’s water under the bridge. And if you too find yourself in the kitchen whipping up a batch of these Snickers brownies knowing full well you definitely don’t need to be, then you can use the line I use when your husband (or anyone) says “I thought you were cutting back on sweets.” Look him dead in the eye while slowly chewing a piece brownie and say ” I’m. A Grown. Ass. Woman!” Be sure to squint your eyes a little and flare your nostrils slightly to show you mean business. Something about this works, totally shuts them up and makes them walk off.
This was my cheat snack for the week and it was so worth it. I’m not even going to try to up my cardio routine to compensate. I’m just going to take it like a boss! These were GOOD!!! The way those Snicker bars just melted onto the chewy, fudgey brownie and became one! Mercy! Every bite was pure satisfaction.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s super easy and you can pretty much use your favorite candy bar( kit kat, reeses, 3 musketeers,) It will make you or whomever you are making them for smile with joy.
Be sure to have a nice cold glass of milk or water nearby. All that chocolate goodness beckons for something cold to wash it all down with.
Watch me make these Snicker Bar Brownies from start to finish!
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 20 fun-size Snicker bars, chopped
- Preheat oven 325.
- Line a 8 X 8 pan with parchment paper and grease lightly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together butter and sugar until well combined
- Mix in cocoa powder, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in eggs until well combine.
- Stir in flour just until all flour is incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs on it. (they will be under baked just slightly but will continue to cook as they cool. This will make for a chewy brownie)
- Remove brownie from oven and immediately top with chopped Snicker bars.
- Let cool until brownie pan is cool enough to touch on the bottom.
- Place pan in refrigerator until cold and chocolate is firm.
- Slice and serve.