OMG S’mores Cupcakes!!
It’s tag team video time! This time me and Jack from Cooking with Jack will show you how to whip up some homemade s’mores cupcakes. These are currently my new favorite cupcakes!! They are sinfully good!! If you like smores then you are going to fall in love with these s’mores cupcakes.
They were pretty easy to make, but I did change the recipe up slightly from the original recipe from Annie’s blog.
Watch Jack make these AMAZING S’more cupcakes from start to finish!
The bottoms consists of a fluffy chocolate cupcake filled with marshmallows and chocolate pieces. And if that wasn’t enough, there’s even a graham cracker crust (haaaaave mercy!!! *in my Jesse from Full House voice*)
Watch me make a fluffy marshmallow frosting (7 minute frosting) to finish these S’mores Cupcakes off!!
I LOVE 7 minute frosting, especially for cupcakes that pack a lot of flavor on your their own. This forting is light, airy, sweet..kinda like eating a fluffy marshmallow..only better!
Get the Recipe: S'mores Cupcakes
- CUPCAKES INGREDIENTS
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz. chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot water
- MARSHMALLOW FROSTING INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, stir crushed graham crackers, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter, until crumbly.
- Place cupcake liners in pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of graham cracker mixture per cupcake liner. Use the bottom of a shot glass or spice bottle to flatten the crumbs.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Add about 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of chopped chocolate to each cupcake. Set aside.
- In large bowl sift together 2 cups sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and water.
- Mix on medium speed until well incorporated. Batter will be runny.
- Spoon batter evenly into cupcake liners, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes. The marshmallows may float to the top. (I found that the cheap brand of marshmallows tends to stay put in the center.)
- Cool for about 5 minutes in the pan.
- Remove cupcakes and place on a cooling wrack to finish cooling.
- To make the frosting, prepare a double boiler.
- Add powdered sugar and water to the bowl.
- Stir until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Stir in salt, egg whites and corn syrup.
- Mix on high speed for 7-15 minutes until the frosting is firm, thick and can hold high peeks.
- Frost on completely cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate cupcakes with graham crackers and chocolate if desired.
Use a kitchen torch to toast the frosting to resemble the appearance and taste of a toasted marshmallow.
The marshmallows in the inside will usually float to the top. Cheaper brands tend to stay in the middle of the cupcakes. Jumbo marshmallows will make a marshmallow cream filled cupcake.