Pretty, little, dainty flowers suspended in ice. I just love how feminine these fresh flower ice cubes look and they are so easy and cheap to make. They instantly add that special touch to your garden wedding, baby shower, tea party, or romantic dinner.
When making these floral ice cubes be sure to use only organic, edible flowers. Although your guest probably won’t be munching on the flowers (it’s mainly for show) you still want to make sure they are safe. The last thing you want to do is poison your guest or make pesticide-laced ice cubes.
You can also use berries, herbs, or fruits. I love how slices of lemon, lime and oranges look suspened in ice. So spa-ish! Strawberries and mint leaves also looks great.
A list of common edible flowers/herbs are:
|Fresh Roses Captured In Ice|
|The purer the water the clearer the ice will be.|
I used boiled tap when I should have used boiled distilled.
Live and learn!
|Small blooms work best for making decorative, floral ice cubes|
|Fresh, floral ice cubes adds instant elegance to any drink.|
Rose Ice Cubes .. Simple & Elegant
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: garnish
- Distilled Water
- Small, Edible, Pesticide-free flowers
- Prepare the flowers by rinsing them off and cutting off the stem and extra leaves.
- Let the flowers air dry.
- Bring water to a rapid boil and let it cool completely.
- Fill ice tray ¼ full.
- Insert the flower, face down or sideways.
- Freeze until completely frozen.
- Add the rest of the water until the trays are full.
- Freeze again until completely frozen.
- Run warm water over the bottom of the tray to gently loosen the ice cubes.