Rosemary Garlic Steak
Rosemary Garlic Steak
Watch me make Rosemary Garlic Steak from start to finish!
Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of your steak and the doneness you prefer. Use a meat thermometer if needed. The steaks I used were just under an inch. I cooked them in the cast iron skillet for 15 seconds per side and in then oven for 1 minute per side. The steaks were in a perfect range of medium-well to well-done.Rare- 120- 125
Here is a handy rule of thumb to follow when salting steaks:
- Less than 1-inch steak: 30-45 minutes
- 1 inch thick steak: 1 hour
- 1.25 inch steak: 1 hour and 15 minutes
(Note: I usually salt one side very generously and lightly salt the other side)
Get the Recipe: Rosemary Garlic Steak
- 2 Porterhouse Steaks, mine were less than an inch thick Kosher salt (Only kosher or sea salt)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, use fresh crack pepper if available 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary 1/2 onion
- Olive oil
- ) Generously coat the steaks with salt.
- ) Let them sit out for about 15-25 minutes.
- ) Rinse the steaks off really well, removing all traces of salt.
- ) Dry the steaks completely.
- ) Combine the seasonings a bowl.
- ) Coat the steaks with olive oil.
- ) Sprinkle chopped garlic onto the steaks. Press the chopped garlic into the meat to hold
- them in place.
- ) Sprinkle on the seasonings evenly over both steaks.
- ) Place each steak into a zip lock bag.
- )Toss in some onion rings in each bag, if desired.
- )Refrigerate the steaks for three hours.
- )When the steaks are done chilling, let them sit out on the counter to bring them to room
- temperature before cooking.
- )Put a cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat the oven to about 500 F.
- )When the cast iron skillet is hot remove it from the oven and add a bit of vegetable oil.
- )Place the cast iron skillet on top of the range and turn it to high.
- )Add in your steak and cook 15 seconds per side. Flip to cook the other side for about
- -15 seconds.
- )Place the steaks back into the oven and cook for 1 minute per side, depending on how
- you like your steak. Use a meat thermometer and flip only once.
- )When done, place the steaks on a plate and cover with foil. Let them sit for about 5
- minutes. Sauté onions if desired.