Rosemary Garlic Steak
Watch me make Rosemary Garlic Steak from start to finish!
Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of your steak and the doneness you prefer. Use a meat thermometer if needed. The steaks I used were just under an inch. I cooked them in the cast iron skillet for 15 seconds per side and in then oven for 1 minute per side. The steaks were in a perfect range of medium-well to well-done.Rare- 120- 125
Here is a handy rule of thumb to follow when salting steaks:
- Less than 1-inch steak: 30-45 minutes
- 1 inch thick steak: 1 hour
- 1.25 inch steak: 1 hour and 15 minutes
(Note: I usually salt one side very generously and lightly salt the other side)
Rosemary Garlic Steak
- 2 Porterhouse Steaks mine were less than an inch thick Kosher salt (Only kosher or sea salt)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper use fresh crack pepper if available 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary 1/2 onion
- Olive oil
- ) Generously coat the steaks with salt.
- ) Let them sit out for about 15-25 minutes.
- ) Rinse the steaks off really well, removing all traces of salt.
- ) Dry the steaks completely.
- ) Combine the seasonings a bowl.
- ) Coat the steaks with olive oil.
- ) Sprinkle chopped garlic onto the steaks. Press the chopped garlic into the meat to hold
- them in place.
- ) Sprinkle on the seasonings evenly over both steaks.
- ) Place each steak into a zip lock bag.
- )Toss in some onion rings in each bag, if desired.
- )Refrigerate the steaks for three hours.
- )When the steaks are done chilling, let them sit out on the counter to bring them to room
- temperature before cooking.
- )Put a cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat the oven to about 500 F.
- )When the cast iron skillet is hot remove it from the oven and add a bit of vegetable oil.
- )Place the cast iron skillet on top of the range and turn it to high.
- )Add in your steak and cook 15 seconds per side. Flip to cook the other side for about
- -15 seconds.
- )Place the steaks back into the oven and cook for 1 minute per side, depending on how
- you like your steak. Use a meat thermometer and flip only once.
- )When done, place the steaks on a plate and cover with foil. Let them sit for about 5
- minutes. Sauté onions if desired.