There is something about vegetables roasting in the oven that puts me in a good mood. I know, I’m weird. I love everything about oven roasted vegetables, from the smokey, slightly sweet, nutty taste to that rustic appearance. They make me happy and don’t even go throwing in a roasted chicken because then I get super happy! Ahhh the aromas!! Fall is HERE folks!!! (I don’t know where that came from, just felt like typing it.)
These oven roasted vegetables are super yummy because they have bacon (cue that dog bacon Beggin Strips commercial that I can’t get out of my head) and fresh garlic in the mix! You totally can’t go wrong with bacon. Oh and there’s butter in there too. Mmm butter! Don’t be mad. Butter makes it better baby. I only use butter and bacon in my roasted veggies on special occasions so don’t go sending me an email about how I’m messing up a healthy dish.
Today really wasn’t a special occasion just wanted to show you guys how I make my super easy and delicious oven roasted vegetables with bacon. (side note) I totally love cooking for y’all, you guys give me the best excuse to make all kinda naughty stuff and get away with it. I love you all…just in case I haven’t said that enough lately.
Ok back to bacon and roasted vegetables. Yes they are the bomb and way too easy to make. The vegetables do take on a slight smokiness from the bacon, which I love by the way, but their natural flavor isn’t covered up, which I really love by the way. In this recipe I used a few of my favorite in-season vegetables like sweet potato, russet potato, broccoli, baby carrots, green pepper, red pepper and red onions. Use a variety of your favorites and make sure that its colorful! It’s makes it prettier!!
Don’t be shy with that bacon either! If you I had more than just 5 pieces I would have added more in there! I like bacon with every bite! So yum!! The fresh garlic and butter just makes everything sing so don’t skip that either!!
Watch me make these roasted vegetables with bacon from start to finish!
Roasted Vegetables with bacon
By Divas Can Cook
- 2 cups baby carrots
- fresh broccoli
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-10 (or more) bacon strips, cooked & crumbled
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with greased foil or a non-stick pan liner. Set aside.
- Cut up vegetables so that they are close to the same size.(Cut harder vegetables a bit smaller)
- Place vegetables in a bowl.
- Toss with minced garlic.
- Toss vegetables lightly with olive oil. ( may need more or less)
- Add in cooked, crumbled bacon and toss.
- Spread into an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and toss.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender, yet still firm.
- Remove from oven and add on pats of butter.
- Sprinkle again with salt if desired.
- Serve immediately.