I wasn’t going to post this recipe for these fresh roasted green beans because I thought they were just “ok” (not as good as the roasted broccoli) but my husband thinks they’re fabulous! If you’re a green bean lover then you will definitely like this recipe.
I did love the taste the parmesan, garlic and red pepper flakes gives. Next time I think I’ll sprinkle on a little minced onions when they come out of the oven. Overall it was a great side dish to pair up with the man-pleasing meatloaf I made. Even Isaac liked these roasted green beans, minus the parmesan and red pepper.
I’ve been trying to come up with new side dishes since it seems I’m starting to get in a rut of searching the same sides. I’ll definitely be making these fresh roasted green beans more often. They make a really pretty presentation and I bet they would taste amazing with some roasted cornish hens.
Watch me make these fresh roasted green beans from start to finish!
Fresh Roasted Green Beans...
By Divas Can Cook
- 1-2 lbs. Fresh green beans, washed & dried
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- few dashes of sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425
- Snap the end off of the green beans
- Place green beans in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Just a few drops to lightly coat the green beans.
- Mix in the minced garlic and salt.
- Place green beans on a baking sheet lined with non-stick paper.
- Roast for 12-14 minutes, tossing half way through. Green beans should be tender yet slightly crisp.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately