I like vegetables but I wouldn’t say that I LOVE them…well…. unless it’s this roasted broccoli and sweet potato duo. I definitely LOVE this side dish or snack!!
Thanks to my sister-in-law who introduced me to roasted broccoli. (Yeah I know I may be late but I’m here!) I will NEVER, as long as I can help it, boil or steam broccoli again. What an injustice! Oven roasted broccoli is the business!!! Did y’all hear me? The BUSINESSSSSSS!!!
I thought I liked broccoli and it turns out I love it, whodathunkit!! Yeah I’m a little excited if you can’t tell.
I really like to serve this with roasted sweet potatoes because I love that salty-sweet combination. They compliment each other very well. Better than broccoli and carrots I think.
This roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes taste great with any kind of meat and rice or potatoes.
If you’ve never tried roasted broccoli please make this. Today. It may just change your life. The first time I made this I ate a whole pan. Yep. I stood right there at the oven and as soon as they came out I ate two whole heads of broccoli! Who does that!?!
Something about roasting broccoli in the oven brings on a whole new flavor. It’s firm, crisp, and down right addictive. I never thought I’d use the word addictive with the word broccoli but I must give props where they are do.
Watch me make this Roasted Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes from start to finish!
Roasted Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes...Yes Please!
By Divas Can Cook
- 3 small bunches of fresh broccoli
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450
- Wash and dry broccoli and sweet potato thoroughly.
- Cut florets from the stalk and set aside.
- Cut sweet potato into even sized cubes.
- Place broccoli and sweet potatoes into a large bowl and drizzles with olive oil. Just enough to lightly coat.
- Toss to distribute the oil.
- Place broccoli and sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with minced garlic and salt.
- Baked for 12-14 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and broccoli is lightly browned on the tips.
- Sprinkle with more salt if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Try it out!