Refreshing Old Fashioned Strawberry Lemonade
I don’t know too many things that is as refreshing on sweltering days than a cold glass of homemade strawberry lemonade.
I’m talking pure, authentic strawberry lemonade. Not that artificial, bitter, chemically tasting stuff you get at most grocery stores.
This recipe hit the spot if you are searching for a strawberry lemonade recipe that is smooth, pure of artificial dyes, flavors, and concentrates. It’s sweet with just a nice hint of lemon.
|I like to freeze this strawberry lemonade partially so that it gets slushy and super cold. So good!!|
|Fresh, strawberries from the farmers market!|
(If you prefer a tart strawberry lemonade simply add more fresh lemon juice.)
Watch me make this strawberry lemonade recipe from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Refreshing Old Fashioned Strawberry Lemonade
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2- 2 cups sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, about 6-8 lemons
- 25 large, fresh strawberries
- 6-7 cold cups of water, more or less to suit your taste
- Heat water in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add fresh strawberries into food processor.
- Add ¼ cup of lemon mixture to the strawberries.
- Process on high until pureed.
- Strain lemon mixture into a pitcher.
- Strain strawberry pulp into the pitcher. (Don’t throw away the pulp. I use it to make berry yogurt popsicles)
- Stir in the cold water. Add more or less to suit your taste.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ice cold.
- Serve and enjoy!
MAKE IT BUBBLY!! Replace the water with sparkling water to make a fizzy strawberry lemonade MAKE IT HARD!! Replace 1 or 2 cups of water with vodka or alcohol of your choice. MAKE IT FROZEN!! Add in some of the strawberry pulp and place some water and ice into a blender (this will need to be done in batches unless you have a really large blender)
Tried this recipe?Mention @divascancook on Instagram or tag #divascancook.
hi my name is solmaz i love cooking im 13 can i just say u are the best at making food. when i come home from school i make a suprise dinner and dessert from your web site and my mom asks me how did you learn how to make this food and i say i go on the awsome website that a lady cooks and my mom loves u to. immaking your ice cream cake that u made with the oreos for my brothers birthday beause he loves ice creamcake and oreos so your cake is perfect formy brothers birthday