Refreshing Kiwi Popsicles
The triple digits are starting to slowly show it’s ugly face around these parts. It’s been hot hot hot!!!!! The perfect time to break out those popsicle molds and start whipping up batches of yummy, homemade popsicles!!!
I love making my own pops. You can customize the ingredients, sneak in all kinda vegetable juices for the kiddos and not to mention, they’re so freakin’ easy, fun and cheap.
Kiwi brings on the benefits!!Kiwi is a superfood and provides the body with lots of fiber, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients which has been shown to actually repair DNA ( I know quite a few people who could use some DNA repairing). Kiwi aides in regulating heartbeat and also great for skin, hair, nails, and teeth. (Thanks for the info webmd, you rock!)
I make kiwi popsicles a lot in the summer months. Something about the sweet & tart combination just totally refreshes me! And that gorgeous green color… mother nature you have truly outdone yourself!
|I just love how they still resemble kiwi!|
|Kiwi is such a pretty fruit and loaded with good stuff!|
Refreshing Kiwi Popsicles....ahhh Summer!
- 4 ripe kiwi
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice naturally sweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar *optional* you could also use honey, agave or more pineapple juice to make it sweeter naturally
- Carefully slice the kiwi in half and spoon out the flesh.
- Place the kiwi into a food processor.
- Pour in pineapple juice.
- Blend on low speed for a few seconds. Be careful not to over blend to avoid the seeds breaking or it will produce a bitter taste.
- Give it a taste. You may add a little sugar, honey or agave to sweeten.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle mold.
- Insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for 6 hours or until completely frozen.
- Run the popsicle mold under warm water to remove the frozen popsicles.