Pecan Pie Coffee Cake
“Tender butter-vanilla coffee cake with a sweet & crunchy pecan filling reminicent of Southern Pecan Pie! Easy recipe with simple ingredients”
Visual learner? Watch me make this Pecan Pie Coffee Cake from start to finish!
How do you spend Mother’s Day?
My favorite way to spend Mother’s Day is surrounded by all the women in my family. I love when we get together to cook, eat, laugh and wander down memory lane. It reminds me of how blessed I am to have such a powerhouse of motherly support.
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, like many, I’m in a brunch frame of mind! And nothing says brunch like this pecan pie coffee cake! I’ve got lots of delicious coffee cake recipes here on the site, but this pecan pie coffee cake is right up there with my favorites!
Maybe it’s because I’m a Southern girl and anything pecan speaks to my soul. If you’re a pecan lover, this coffee cake has your name written all over it!
This pecan pie coffee has a buttery vanilla base with a crunchy top layer of pecans. The pecan pie filling sinks right down into the top layer and sides, giving it an amazingly moist and dense crumb.
Made with Fisher Nuts preservative free, non-GMO project verified pecans; that sweet, sticky topping is full of all the nutty, caramel notes reminiscent of Southern pecan pie.
With Fisher Nuts convenient stand up, resealable bag, you can be sure that these pecans will be fresh and crunchy when it ‘s time to put this easy pecan pie coffee cake together.
Pair this pecan pie coffee cake with your favorite coffee and fresh fruit, and you’ve got yourself a simple and delicious brunch!
Get the Recipe: Pecan Pie Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
PECAN PIE TOPPING
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Fisher Nuts pecans, crushed into pieces + more if desired for extra garnish.
- Caramel Topping, optional but so good
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour and 8x8 glass baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk and mixing just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepare dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While cake is baking, prepare pecan topping by combining corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, egg and pecans into a large bowl until smooth.
- When cake comes out of the oven (cake will not be completely done), pour filling over the top. (Optional: Poke a few holes in the cake using a skewer if you want the filling to seep down into the cake.
- Garnish the top with more crushed pecans to fill in any gaps. (optional but looks beautiful)
- Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the center of cake is fluffy. May need more of less time. (The topping will still be loose but will set up as the cake cools.
- Remove from oven and let cool COMPLETELY. This will allow for the topping to harden and set up.
- Serve plain or drizzled with warn caramel.
Thank you Monique.
I made this recipe today and it came out great! Fast and easy recipe! ❤️
I luv ur recipe so…original until I started watching ur vids now i wanna be a cook,…