It’s ridiculous how easy, quick, and delicious these oreo truffles are. I’ve made them twice this week already and now I’m fighting the urge to make a peppermint kind after seeing those yummy looking peppermint Oreos today.
I’ve featured these Oreo truffles before as Halloween eyeballs, but I just had to show them again in a more elegant light.
These rich, chocolaty little balls of yumminess has the potential of being one elegant chocolate gift, party favor, hostess gift, or whatever! The color of the chocolate can be changed to suit any occassion and we won’t even get into all the ways you can change up the flavor using different sandwich cookies or add-ins. (strawberry white chocolate shortbread truffles anyone?)
But that’s another blog post, today we are keeping it simple and focusing on the tried and true classic recipe: Oreos, cream cheese, and chocolate!
Now, as you all know, I’m not that grand at decorating things (and yes, piping on chocolate is decorating in my book) So hopefully you will be a little bit neater with your piping and yours will look like they came straight from an upscale gourmet chocolatier. Although I do think a little imperfection give it’s it that hand made from love charm.
Watch me make these easy Oreo truffles from start to finish!
Easy Oreo Truffles Recipe
By Divas Can Cook (Monique)
- 1 pack of Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli)
- 4 oz white chocolate (Bakers White Chocolate)
- ) Crush Oreos into fine crumbs in a food processor
- ) Place crushed Oreos into a large bowl
- ) Add cream cheese
- ) Use your fingers or two forks to blend the cream cheese with the Oreos until a dough forms.
- ) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- ) Roll the cookie mixture into small balls
- ) Place balls on parchment paper and freeze for 15 minutes
- ) Melt semi-sweet chocolate in a double boiler
- ) Remove the balls from the freezer and place, one at a time, into the melted chocolate.
- ) Use two forks or a skewer to cover the balls with semi-sweet chocolate
- ) Place the balls back on the parchment paper
- ) Place back into the freezer for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set
- ) Melt white chocolate in doubler boiler
- ) Allow white chocolate to cool until warm and place into a piping bag or (zip-lock bag with the corner snipped off.)
- ) Drizzle the white chocolate onto the chocolate coated balls.
- ) Place back into the freezer for 5 minutes or until white chocolate is set.
- ) Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.