This easy apple cider recipe is the perfect conclusion to a fall dinner, a great companion with a good book, a comforting little hand heater on a brisk day, a cozy ending to a romantic evening in front of the fireplace, … ok you get the point right? This stuff is comfort in a glass. The stuff autumn is made of.
Make it. Enough said.
Ok I still have more bragging to do about this apple cider. My hubby is not a big fan of apple cider, but he claims this is the best apple cider he’s ever had. Actually his words were “Wow…this is really, really good!” which translates to “this best I’v ever had”. (Let me just tell you, my husband is VERY bold when it comes to his opinions on food. He doesn’t go easy on me just because I’m his wife. I love that about him)
I’ll have to admit that this is definitely one of the best apple ciders I’ve had as well.
It’s sweet and tart. The orange and lemon peels really creates some nice depth. None of that flat taste here. The cinnamon and cloves do what they do best, add that touch of warm autumn spice.
I also love that this apple cider is crisp and smooth. I really don’t like it when ground spices are floating in my cider. Using cheesecloth to seep the whole spices and peels works like a charm!
This is A MUST have at our fall & winter holiday dinner and gatherings!n
Ok enough bragging. Go make this!!
Serve it up with a slice of apple and a cinnamon stick. AMAZING!!
Add in some spiced rum if that’s how you get down. I won’t judge you. Just slide me a mug on the sly.
Watch me make this bangin’ apple cider recipe from start to finish!
One BANGIN' Apple Cider Recipe
- 1 gallon apple cider (use a good organic farm fresh brand or homemade if possible)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 18 whole cloves
- 18 whole allspice (optional)
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- Peels of 2 oranges
- Peels of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use Mexican vanilla)
- Cinnamon sticks (garnish)
- Gala apple slices (garnish) spray the slices with lemon juice to prevent browning
- Pour apple cider in a large pot.
- Add maple syrup and brown sugar.
- Add in the brown sugar.
- Heat until steamy but not boiling.
- Add cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, orange peels and lemon peels to a sheet of cheesecloth.
- Tie the cheesecloth into a knot to hold in all the ingredients.
- Drop inside the pot.
- Soak for 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat. Do not bring to a boil.
- Remove cheesecloth.
- Stir in vanilla extract and add more brown sugar if desired.
- Pour apple cider into a mug. Add a slice of apple and cinnamon stick.