When my divas and I get together one of our favorite drinks is most definitley NUVO!! It’s pink, sexy, fruity, carbonated and downright delicious! And there is something about this stuff that gets you all giggly in minutes and in my book, that classifies it as the perfect girly girl drink.
NUVO jello shots were the first thing that came to mind when one of my fabulous readers contacted me and wanted my help with creating pink jello shots for a bachelorette party. This is so right up my alley girl!! She wanted something girly and different besides the everyday strawberry, cherry and watermelon flavors and I think NUVO jello shots fits the bill!
After playing around in my kitchen with a few NUVO jello shot recipes, I came up with one that is FANTASTIC!! It captures that fruity, bubbly NUVO flavor with just the right amount of alcohol taste.
You’ll definitely want to double or triple this recipe because it is SOOO easy to pop these things one after the other and not even realize it. Make up a huge batch and serve them up in a pretty, clear glittery glass bowl!
*NOTE* To achieve a more hot pink color like NUVO substitute the passion fruit juice with white grape juice or any other pink colored juice or soda, but passion fruit taste SOOO good in this recipe.
NUVO Jello Shots
By Divas Can Cook
- (makes 15, 1 oz cups... about 3 servings)
- ½ passion fruit juice
- ½ cup sparkling white grape juice
- 2 envelopes KNOX unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup NUVO
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- Strawberry Jello (just a few pinches for color)
- 1 oz. Portion cups with lids
- In a microwave-safe measuring cup, heat passion fruit juice until boiling. Set aside.
- In a separate large measuring cup, add cold sparkling white grape juice.
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over sparkling white grape juice and let sit for 1 minute. Do not stir.
- Pour hot passion fruit juice into white grape juice mixture and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Let mixture sit until it is warm. (if you pour the alcohol into the mixture now it will kill the alcohol taste)
- Pour the NUVO into the mixture and stir.Sprinkle in just enough strawberry jello to get your desired pink color. Not too much now!
- Pour into 1 ounce portion cups, place the lid on the cups and refrigerate for 2 hours or until fully set.
How to Eat A Jello Shot
Toothpicks & Fingers- Most people prefer to use a toothpick or their fingers to loosen the jello from the glass and then just pop it into their mouth.
Hot Water– Often when “gourmet” jello shots are being served at a more reserved affair the host will dip the shot glasses in warm water prior to serving them so that the jello automatically releases from the glass.