You wanna know what question I get asked often? “Monique how in the world do you do it all? How do you manage to keep up a house, have time for your kids and hubby, cook homemade meals, homeschool, run a business, keep up a blog and still have time to travel and enjoy life?”
It would be nice to be able to flip my hair, flutter my lashes and in a deep, sexy French accent replay, “Well… I’m just fabulous like that darling”.
The reality is that it can get really crazy ward style around here if I let it! My secrets to “doing it all” while staying sane is by NOT doing it all.
You find ways to “cheat” in order to make your biggest obstacle work for you instead of against you. Well look at me sounding all motivational-ish!!
It’s true though! I have several hacks, tricks and cheats that I use to make my busy life flow with ease (on most days) and one of those cheats is the FoodSaver® System! The FoodSaver® Brand gave me a FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System to try out. Oh how I love thee!!! It’s one of my meal prep “cheats” that helps me save money, time and waste less food.
I’ve talked about my love for the FoodSaver® System before but a post on it was way overdue. You can expect a complete series in the future! Have you ever seen or heard of the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System before? If not let me give you the “tea” on this amazing appliance! In a nutshell, the FoodSaver® System allows you to vacuum seal foods at home.
Impressed yet? No? Ok keep reading.
Vacuum sealing is amazing because it removes and locks out air and moisture, which causes foods to go bad and lose freshness. Using the FoodSaver® System and its BPA-free bags and canisters keeps food fresher up to 5x longer!! It also allows you to marinate in minutes instead of hours.
What does this mean for you? Well do you remember how you tried to follow that diet plan of eating a salad a day but by the 4th day the remaining salads were wilted and slimy?
Or when you tried to meal prep for the entire week only to discover that the food looked and tasted a bit off in the middle of the week? Perhaps you remember that time when you vowed to stop eating out as much and you stocked the freezer with homemade meals only to have it all get freezer burn?
Do you remember that? Maybe not because that all happened to me and that is how I discovered that I NEEDED the FoodSaver® System in my life. I’m not one for too many kitchen appliances but when they make my daily life easier, sign me up and quick! My FoodSaver® System has already paid for itself over and over again from the amount of money I’ve saved.
Here’s how I use my FoodSaver® System:
- Premaking Dinner: This is has been a game changer for me. When I know I’m going to have a really busy week, I spend Sunday afternoons making five easy dinners. I vacuum seal them and throw them in the fridge. No need to freeze them because by Friday the last meal is still fresh as ever. Trust me, you will feel like a total super women when you come home from a busy day and still get to sit down to a homemade lasagna, breadsticks and a fresh salad for dinner. Game changer people!
- Making “TV Dinners”: There are certain days where I just can’t be available to make lunch or dinner. My husband, bless his heart, is just not one for making complete, wholesome meals. If I say “make the kids dinner” I can pretty much promise you he’ll fix them a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he’ll have a bowl of cereal. The FoodSaver® System allows me to create complete meals that I can just toss in the freezer and all my husband has to do is reheat it. It’s genius!
- Keeping Frozen Leftovers Fresh: I’ll admit the old me would toss leftovers left and right! Especially if it was down to the last portion and we were pretty much tired of it. All those last portions add up! Now I freeze the leftovers and we have them for lunch in the future. I don’t have to worry about freezer burn like when I’d use the zipper bags or foil. They stay perfectly frozen and freezer burn-free. Saves so much money!
There are so many other ways that you can use the FoodSaver® System, even for nonfood items like sealing up important travel documents. You can choose from bags, rolls and even special containers to keep your foods fresher.
But let me warn you, it’s pretty addictive!! The first week I had my FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System I was sealing EVERYTHING!
Don’t laugh but a small dose of joy comes over me when I seal up a fresh cooked meal. I open the fridge and see those complete homemade dinners stacked up for Monday-Friday and I feel like a bad mamma jamma.
So that’s one of my little cheats that totally make me look like I’ve got this whole work-life balance thing all figured out. ; )
Want to win a FoodSaver® System?
Click here to enter and learn more about the #FoodSaverFridge Experience Live Contest!
How will you use the FoodSaver® System in your home??
Leave a comment below and be automatically entered to win a $100 Visa gift card and a chance to win!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post with the hashtag #SweepstakesEntry
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post or with the hashtag #SweepstakesEntry, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/24/2015 – 10/31/2015