Who can resist a hot, cheesy dip? Especially when it tastes like pizza!! This is one of my favorite appetizers, which I could totally turn into a meal if I don’t pace myself. It’s super easy to keep eating this pizza dip and get full so if you’re serving this as an appetizer, you might not want to make a whole bunch of folks is gonna be too full for the main course.
This hot pizza dip is soooo good! There is just something fun about slathering all that hot cheesy, pepperoni goodness onto toasted garlic baguettes and sinking your choppers into it. Oh, the flavors!! It’s one of those appetizers that make you wanna do a lil dance and hum a lil tune while eating it. You know the kind I’m talking about.
The bottom cream cheese layer blends in perfectly and adds a nice creaminess to the dip. Usually, people are so busy scarfing it down they don’t even realize it has cream cheese in it until they ask “hey what all do you put in this?”
Use your favorite pizza toppings! I usually go with turkey pepperoni (doesn’t leave that big puddle of orange oil on top of the cheese), black olives, and green peppers.
I’ve seen this dip served with all kinda stuff; celery sticks, tortilla chips, mini bagel bites; but trust me, serving this pizza dip on toasted garlic baguettes is a must and you’ll thank me once you taste it. They are a match made in heaven, nuff said.
Just like pizza, this dip is best served piping hot for all that stringy cheese action. Pop this into the oven before you’re ready to serve it or if you’re taking it somewhere, use a heated casserole tote to keep it hot. Pop it into the microwave if you need to, won’t hurt.
Watch me make this hot pizza dip recipe and toasted garlic baguettes from start to finish!
Hot Pizza Dip
- PIZZA DIP
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2-1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese as much as you like
- Pizza toppings I used turkey pepperoni, black olives, green bell peppers
- TOASTED GARLIC BAGUETTES
- 2 baguettes sliced 1 inch thick
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, parsley, oregano, basil, and garlic powder until creamy and well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly in a deep dish pie plate.
- Top with pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. (I used about two cups) and desired toppings.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and the edges are golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the baguettes.
- In a small bowl combine softened butter, olive oil, minced garlic, and salt & pepper.
- Place sliced baguettes on a nonstick baking pan and spread butter mixture evenly over each baguette.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- When pizza dip comes out of the oven, turn the oven to broil and place the baguettes into the oven.
- Broil the baguettes until golden.
- Serve immediately with the hot pizza dip.
Use whatever toppings you like!