Honey Teriyaki Baked Salmon Recipe
“The best baked salmon recipe ever! Honey Teriyaki Baked Salmon is easy, quick and flavorful. The perfect weekday dinner!”
Last week, a few of my favorite gal cousins and I got together for a seafood birthday dinner. We don’t get to hang out as often as I’d like but when we do it’s pretty epic!
Tons of food, tons of laughter, tons of reminiscing, tons of sisterly encouragement! It’s truly soul food with those crazy chicks. Aren’t they pretty? Gosh, I’m so blessed to have them!
Well, I was in charge of bringing honey teriyaki salmon, creamy coleslaw, tartar sauce, and cocktail sauce. Of course, we went the homemade route for the entire spread because grandma Barb’s raised “Is that from scratch?” eyebrow is etched in our memory.
Everything was so good! I posted a photo of the spread on my Instagram account! Speaking of Instagram are you following me on Instagram yet? : )
This honey teriyaki baked salmon recipe got raved reviews as always! I’ve posted this salmon on my blog a loooooong time ago and for that reason it often gets lost in the shuffle. I never got around to posting a video for it until now!
Since last week I’ve made this salmon twice, that’s how good it is! My husband LOVES this salmon which mean a lot being that he not a fish fan at all. I served it with yellow rice and roasted vegetables for lunch today and it was incredible!
This honey teriyaki salmon is full of flavor and it only gets better as it sits. Make the sauce mixture a day ahead if you can.
The flavor is sweet, smokey, and tad bit spicy. My cousin says it tastes like jerk salmon but I’ve never had that before to compare it too. You be the judge!
Watch me make the best honey teriyaki baked salmon from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Honey Teriyaki Baked Salmon Recipe
- 1.5 lbs about 5 salmon fillets, thawed and pat dry
- SPICE RUB
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sesame oil, for brushing on salmon
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a casserole dish with foil paper (optional for easier cleanup).
- Place salmon fillets in a casserole dish.
- Brush salmon very light with sesame oil.
- Sprinkle generously with spice rub mixture.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add honey, soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, sesame oil, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a very light simmer.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Do not boil.
- Remove sauce from heat and let cool until warm.
- Pour over salmon.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until fish is tender and flaky.
- You may also broil on low for the last few minutes to thicken up the sauce, but keep a close eye on it.
- Remove salmon from oven and let sit for a few minutes. The sauce will thicken as it sits.
if i were to subtract the brown sugar is it ok if i were to add white sugar?
I’m not big on salmon but this recipe is BOMB I’ve made it about 6 times and it’s better everytime! Perfect combination of sweet and spicy. My mother doesn’t like spicy food or sweet dishes but she was in love and everyone I make This for says it’s the best salmon ever and judges it on a scale of 1-10 a 10 or 11! (yes I make people rate my food lol) This and the southern baked mac n cheese are my go to favorite recipes… all the people I have cooked the Mac n cheese for rated it the same and raaved about it! I myself have yet to try a better salmon/macaroni recipe. Love this website, Mrs Monique throws it DOWN!
My fiance is picky when it comes to seafood, but this was soo delicious and easy! I cannot thank you enough for sharing!! I absolutely love your videos and recipes!
Oh my goodness!!! I never in my life cooked any kind of fish before and this was the bomb dot com!! My SO tore it up!!!! I feel so good. 🙂 this is the 3rd meal in a row I made from your recipes this week. Now off to look for what to cook tomorrow night.
Have you ever tried this recipe with chicken?
I made this with chicken cutlets. Same procedure. Delicious.
I’m gonna try it with chicken
Just made this dish and everyone loved it thanks for this recipe!!!