Honey Teriyaki Baked Salmon Recipe
“The best baked salmon recipe ever! Honey Teriyaki Baked Salmon is easy, quick and flavorful. The perfect weekday dinner!”
Last week, a few of my favorite gal cousins and I got together for a seafood birthday dinner. We don’t get to hang out as often as I’d like but when we do it’s pretty epic!
Tons of food, tons of laughter, tons of reminiscing, tons of sisterly encouragement! It’s truly soul food with those crazy chicks. Aren’t they pretty? Gosh, I’m so blessed to have them!
Well, I was in charge of bringing honey teriyaki salmon, creamy coleslaw, tartar sauce, and cocktail sauce. Of course, we went the homemade route for the entire spread because grandma Barb’s raised “Is that from scratch?” eyebrow is etched in our memory.
Everything was so good! I posted a photo of the spread on my Instagram account! Speaking of Instagram are you following me on Instagram yet? : )
This honey teriyaki baked salmon recipe got raved reviews as always! I’ve posted this salmon on my blog a loooooong time ago and for that reason it often gets lost in the shuffle. I never got around to posting a video for it until now!
Since last week I’ve made this salmon twice, that’s how good it is! My husband LOVES this salmon which mean a lot being that he not a fish fan at all. I served it with yellow rice and roasted vegetables for lunch today and it was incredible!
This honey teriyaki salmon is full of flavor and it only gets better as it sits. Make the sauce mixture a day ahead if you can.
The flavor is sweet, smokey, and tad bit spicy. My cousin says it tastes like jerk salmon but I’ve never had that before to compare it too. You be the judge!
Watch me make the best honey teriyaki baked salmon from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Honey Teriyaki Baked Salmon Recipe
- 1.5 lbs about 5 salmon fillets, thawed and pat dry
- SPICE RUB
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sesame oil, for brushing on salmon
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a casserole dish with foil paper (optional for easier cleanup).
- Place salmon fillets in a casserole dish.
- Brush salmon very light with sesame oil.
- Sprinkle generously with spice rub mixture.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add honey, soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, sesame oil, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a very light simmer.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Do not boil.
- Remove sauce from heat and let cool until warm.
- Pour over salmon.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until fish is tender and flaky.
- You may also broil on low for the last few minutes to thicken up the sauce, but keep a close eye on it.
- Remove salmon from oven and let sit for a few minutes. The sauce will thicken as it sits.
I make this in the oven, on the grill, in the air fryer! It’s a hit every time!!!!