Thank GOD the weekend is almost here!!! This week has been a jumbled mess! Somehow I fell out of my routine on Monday and haven’t been able to get it together since. (Ever have those kinda weeks?) The laundry is backed up to high heaven, unread email is through the roof and I haven’t even touched my sewing machine. Ugghh!!
Well at least tonight’s dinner was a success!
I served up these super easy and savory honey curry chicken thighs with basmati rice, caramelized baked sweet potato slices, and french-cut green beans. DIVINE!
I used thighs in this recipe but you can use breasts, legs, wings or whatever you have on hand. Just be sure to flatten the breasts out so everything cooks evenly. The curry powder, honey, and grey poupon are a match made in heaven!! The soy sauce adds just the right amount of saltiness to balance out the sweetness of the honey and smokiness from the curry powder.
I think I will try this on a whole chicken in my crock pot next month, just because I love the flavors so much.
There was none of this chicken left over, even my little man demolished two whole thighs! (there goes my panini idea for lunch tomorrow!) Next time I’ll double the recipe. I love how it has tons of bold ingredients but is still kid-friendly. It’s a winner in our household! Hope you enjoy it as well!!
I marinated for 4 hours which was enough for these thin, boneless thighs. If using bone-in chicken or thicker cuts marinate overnight for maximum flavor! Tastes amazing on the grill!!
Resist the urge to poke at and move the chicken around while cooking. Just place them in the pan and leave them be!!
NOTE: BASTE SAFELY: If you want to baste using the marinade, reserve a small amount before adding in the raw meat. Although I do baste with raw chicken marinades at time (making sure that there is plenty of cooking time left) it’s probably best to not advise others to do so just to be on the super extra safe side.
Watch me make these Honey Curry Chicken Thighs from start to finish!
- 5 boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup melted, butter
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup onions, diced
- Black pepper (optional)
- Parsley (garnish)
- Mix all the ingredients, except chicken thighs in a large bowl.
- Reserve a small amount of the mixture for basting.
- Place chicken thighs in a dish or zip lock bag and add the sauce mixture.
- Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours.
- Heat buttered grill pan on medium high heat.
- Place the chicken thighs onto the pan.
- Cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. Adjust the heat to medium if needed.
- When the first side is done, flip the chicken over and cook until done.
- Baste with reserved sauce if desired.
- When done, plate and serve.
- Add parsley for garnish.