Homemade Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
“Creamy homemade strawberry ice cream full of fresh strawberry flavors Easy recipe and no cooking required!”
All of a sudden, now that summer is coming to an end, I’m in the mood for all kinds of summery foods. So typical of me!
I almost fell outta my office chair when I realized I didn’t have a homemade ice cream recipe on this blog! Like what the heck!?
I grew up with that brown barrel self- churn ice cream maker at every cookout. Homemade ice cream is embedded in the fibers of my being so how could I not have a freakin ice cream recipe?!
Let’s change that! Quick!
Because not having a homemade ice cream recipe on a female-owned food blog is like…super lame! Ice cream is everything! It’s the temporary remedy for anything in life. So let’s make some shall we.
To deflower my blog, we’re gonna be making some really good homemade strawberry ice cream! Have you ever had homemade strawberry ice cream? I’m talking about the kind made with fresh strawberries without the typical custard prep?
Homemade strawberry ice cream use to be my least favorite ice cream but it turns out I was just getting a hold of the wrong kind. The kind that was made with a ton of vanilla extract, huge icy blocks of strawberries and that eggy custard base.
Let me introduce you to my currently favorite homemade strawberry ice cream recipe. It’s sweet, SUPER creamy, fluffy (yes fluffy) and tastes and smells like fresh, sweet strawberries. Oh and none of those hard icy strawberry chunks.
Adding that bie of cointreau gives this homemade strawberry ice cream an amazing soft serve, yet firm texture so don’t skip it if you want to experience the “ice cream cloud”.
Best of all no artificial strawberry colors or flavors, just pure, fresh strawberry ice cream they way it should be!
Watch me make this homemade strawberry ice cream from start to finish!
Get the Recipe: Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 ½ tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange liquor, Cointreau
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy cream, warmed
- 1 cup half n half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- To prepare the strawberries, add strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, orange liquor, and cornstarch into a food processor.
- Puree to desired consistency. (I prefer small pieces of strawberries)
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl add warm heavy cream and remaining sugar (3/4 cup).
- Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in half n half and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in a pinch of salt and remaining lemon juice (1 ½ tablespoons).
- Cover with plastic wrap.( Be sure the plastic wrap is touching the mixture to prevent it from developing a skin on top)
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until thickened.
- Stir in strawberry mixture.
- Add the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the directions for your particular machine.
- Place prepared ice cream in an ice cream container and store in freezer.